Slow Bionic?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay i followed you directions and cleaned each one but there are alot of services running how do i know which ones i really need/

One thing about the Android OS. Although it may show apps in memory, they aren't running. I suggest you don't install a task killer unless you know it's a runaway app. The OS will proabaly restart that app. There's a free app called Watchdog Lite, which will give you alerts if you have a runaway app. Another app is Bada$$ Battery Monitor (substitue '$$' with 'ss'). It sits on the notifications bar, and gives the battery percentage in single digits. When you pull the bar down it gives you more information and when you press the app it gives you a lot more. In the menu there's an App Sucker, which shows you what's running.

I dont have anything but pictures and vacation videos on my phone i recently got a message saying my memory is full when ever i try to open my camera. i am not even able to access the pictures on the phone to delete the ones i dont want how do i hook the phone up to my computer and find my pictures and once there do i have to delete or move all of them or can i select the ones i want?

If you want to move them to your computer here's what I do:

Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC. These may install automatically when you connect your Bionic to your PC.

1. On the phone go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Move whatever you need to and from your phone and computer.

Last edited:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.

Hey BroidDrionic, I dont have a security app on my phone or a task killer. It still runs slow. I also cleaned the cache, but it only improved it by a bit.

Sent from my ROOTED G TAB flex'n ICS Cyanogenmod!!!!

Yikes, sorry for the super late reply.
But, you do have a task killer! It's an app called Task Manager. You can go in there and it'll list all your running services/apps and their respective RAM and CPU usage. If you notice one is using more than it should (most apps should use 0-5% CPU and less than forty MB while running in the background), you can force close it to free up its resources.
This happened with the "Social Location" app on my dad's bionic. He noticed the battery was draining faster than it should and it would die if left off a charger overnight. I looked in Task Manager and saw that Social Location was using 32% of the CPU, which is WAY more than it should be, especially for having never been used on his bionic.
I force closed the app and added it to the auto-end list, and his bionic is back to normal.
Similar situation with my wife's bionic, she had torrented some files, but the torrent program (aTorrent, I believe) "force closed" but never actually closed. It was using 50% or so of the CPU and making her bionic get HOT and SLOW. I force closed aTorrent and it's back to normal.
Task Manager is a great tool for the rare occasion that an app misbehaves.