Slingbox coming to Android tomorrow (06/21)

MarkO

Reaction score
As for HD, there's no point since the Droid isn't HD, so the best you are going to get is about SD quality. I seem to think the data rate is probably abotu 400-500 kb/s

dmdj232

Reaction score
I cant find it on the market...Is it because I have a rooted 2.2?

I have rooted 2.2 and found it late last night. Maybe your time zone? dunno why u wouldnt see it just search the word "sling"

I had to restore back to 2.1 in order to be able to download it....now I'm stuck in "Authorizing Purchase"....grrr.....Thanks for the help though!!

razorseal

Reaction score
I'm going to buy one this week or next. I just need to know how it drains the battery... how bad it is

MarkO

Reaction score
I started slingbox app and ran it for an hour on full battery, after an hour I was at 70%

dmodert66

Reaction score
I started slingbox app and ran it for an hour on full battery, after an hour I was at 70%

That sounds about right based on my experience...Of course it also depends on the rom and kernel being used, as well as the amount of overclock. I'm running Kangeraid 2.2 with 1.25 Ghz Kernal at 1 Ghz, and I get similar numbers (or maybe slightly more battery used, but not much)...

posprg

Reaction score
Dish rebate?

has anyone seen any new information on the possible Dishnetwork rebate for this purchase?

juan512atx

Reaction score
anyone able to post up screenshots of a moto droid running sling from a solo or hd pro slingbox?? im currently running the tuner slingbox and video quality is not so great.. i want to see if it is really worth getting a newer box for a much better picture quality.. or if anyone is interested in PMing me there account to test run with it (you can always change your password after i take a peak at the quality) screenshots wold be better to everyone can see the rich quality.. thanks

mach330

Reaction score
question on mobile app...

if i loose the phone or upgrade to a new one, do i need to buy the app again? That would suck.

finally got mine setup last night. pretty amazing. quality is pretty good.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

if i loose the phone or upgrade to a new one, do i need to buy the app again? That would suck.

No your google account keeps track of your apps, I believe.. someone correct me if Im wrong..

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
anyone able to post up screenshots of a moto droid running sling from a solo or hd pro slingbox?? im currently running the tuner slingbox and video quality is not so great.. i want to see if it is really worth getting a newer box for a much better picture quality.. or if anyone is interested in PMing me there account to test run with it (you can always change your password after i take a peak at the quality) screenshots wold be better to everyone can see the rich quality.. thanks

Will try to take one later, too busy at work today.

juan512atx

Reaction score

Will try to take one later, too busy at work today.

Sweet man thanks really want to see a real shot to compare.. thanks

Mulciber

Reaction score

No your google account keeps track of your apps, I believe.. someone correct me if Im wrong..
You would be correct.

1 Question guys my wife and I both have droids and are thinking of setting this up. But would we both be able to connect to it at the sametime or is it just 1 connection at a time. Or would we have to purchase more than 1 slingbox.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

You would be correct.

1 Question guys my wife and I both have droids and are thinking of setting this up. But would we both be able to connect to it at the sametime or is it just 1 connection at a time. Or would we have to purchase more than 1 slingbox.

Its one connection at a time.

juan512atx

Reaction score

You would be correct.

only 1 connection at a time confirmed today haha