Sling Player Mobile - Beta - Don't know how this slipped by for so long!

BostonDan

Reaction score
From last Thursday, 6 May:

Sling Player Now In Private Beta For Android OS

An email was sent out to the Sling Mobile beta testers for Android:

Hi,
The wait is finally over! A new private beta is available for the SlingPlayer Mobile for Android. Since your beta profile is a good match for testing, you have the opportunity to join the new beta program.
Please note this is a special invitation so do not share this email or the below URL with anyone else. Also, do not mention you received an invitation, that the beta is starting, or anything that’s related. Due to the overwhelming demand for this program, we’d like to keep things as quiet as possible. Just think of it as a secret club!
icon_wink.gif

Can't wait until Sling Player Mobile is released for the Android!

Cheers,
B.D.

OP
BostonDan

BostonDan

Reaction score
Just got an email this morning from sling announcing that the slingplayer for android should show up "soon" in the Android Market. Woot! I signed up for the announcement once it is released.

Cheers,
B.D.

jboucheb

Reaction score
Just got an email this morning from sling announcing that the slingplayer for android should show up "soon" in the Android Market. Woot! I signed up for the announcement once it is released.

Cheers,
B.D.

Can you post the contents of the email you received please?

huelsebu

Reaction score
Maybe it's wishful thinking... but with the soccer game being displayed on the phone in the email, I'm hoping maybe it'll be released in time for part of the World Cup? Just pure speculation, that'd be amazing though!

Slighter

Reaction score
newsletter_android_header.jpg

SlingPlayer Mobile for Android - it's just about ready
and we think it's awesome. Our newest app delivers a superb
mobile TV experience. It features great looking picture
quality, a sleek new interface and quick startup and control
response. Fantastic Android phones are available on all
major wireless carriers worldwide.

Slingbox.com - SlingPlayer Mobile for Android Sign up.
Be first to know (link above) when Slingplayer Mobile for Android
hits the market.

callmebob

Reaction score
I don't own an iPhone so I just found out about this, but anyone with a Slingbox Classic and some other older models will have to upgrade in order to use this app. Now that is BS. I was an early adopter and bought a Classic and I see no reason to buy a Solo just to stream to my phone and I know for a fact that the beta app on the iPhone worked with the Classic boxes. Nothing but a cash grab on the part of Dish/Sling.