Sling coming to your Droid??

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well its been a busy week here and in the Android worild and it's only Tuesday night.!!!

With that I got a PM earlier from a member and low and behold look at the email coming out from Sling Media

slingbox_android.jpg

SlingPlayer Mobile for Android -- it's just about ready and we think it's awesome. Our newest app delivers a superb mobile TV experience. It features great looking picture quality, a sleek new interface and quick startup and control response. Fantastic Android phones are available on all major wireless carriers worldwide.

Be the first to know when SlingPlayer Mobile for Android hits the Android Market.

I have known for a while about a private BETA on this app. but it looks like it's almost ready to me!! Why is this important you ask??? This would be another major win for Android in moving it towards catching Apple (who already has this app) and leaving RIM and BlackBerry behind!!

We will update as soon as we get an official release tip!!!

thanks Specmac for the tip!!!

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
im waiting for this to be released to buy the sling box!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Guess I need to get a slingbox.....

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It just keeps coming. Was afk for a few days and am never going to catch up....lol.

Said it before, will say it again: Droid - Best phone I've ever had. 6+ months and definitely not out of date yet.

hogowner

Reaction score
I am waiting also.....I was one of the first ones with a slingbox....I still have my classic!! come on SLINGMEDIA!!!! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Looks like the app will be $29.95 but well worth it since the service is free right?

BostonDan

Reaction score
Now we can give up our big screens and watch tv on our phones.like our battery life is bad enough...no thanks ill stick with my plasma.

umm..this is for people that can't carry their plasmas around with them on the road wherever they go

Second that. When you have a small one who wants to watch "SpongeBob" or other such shows, Slingplayer is great. I had it on my Blackberry, but the service was less than stellar due to small screen (it was a build for the BB Bold/Perl, but running on my Storm/Storm2). I'm looking forward to the new version for the Android.

Woot!

Cheers,
B.D.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's keep this thread to constructive posts...Please. :)

Gremlin

Reaction score
Anyone know when it is coming out?? I need to for the world cup !!!! :D

doublejack

Reaction score
This is old news, not new news. I've known since March that an app was in the works for Android, and I have no inside connections. Sling Media posted that "be the first to know when..." signup on their site back in April.

Anyone know when it is coming out?? I need to for the world cup !!!! :D

Well, it will probably be soon but there is no official date, yet. The app was demo'd to the public at gdgt Live back in March, and rumors have it that there is a closed Beta in progress. I'm just speculating, but I'd guess that it will drop some time this summer. Will it be in time for the world cup? It is possible but I kind of doubt it.