Android Marketing Numbers Coming Out on Top Again

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think that people who purchase Android phones want to put out any money for an app. I hear people complaining about $5.00. Well in Apples' App Store it's can cost $10.00 or more.

It's an interesting point. Of course, I've heard some apps making more off ads on Android than pay on Apple. And Google proves the advertising model works.

Although if I'm a developer unsure how my app will be received that pay model is probably better, and maybe why more apps start with Apple first.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think that people who purchase Android phones want to put out any money for an app. I hear people complaining about $5.00. Well in Apples' App Store it's can cost $10.00 or more.

It's an interesting point. Of course, I've heard some apps making more off ads on Android than pay on Apple. And Google proves the advertising model works.

Although if I'm a developer unsure how my app will be received that pay model is probably better, and maybe why more apps start with Apple first.

I've heard Angry Birds does. But there really is very little advertising in Angry Birds, well, at least for me. I'm not good at it so I never get to the next level. I dion't see the commercials.

The App Store also has free apps with advertisements. Very annoying, obvious advertisements.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've heard Angry Birds does. But there really is very little advertising in Angry Birds, well, at least for me. I'm not good at it so I never get to the next level. I dion't see the commercials.

That's the dynamic....A game d/l a lot and played a lot will make more money on ads. An app with a different sort of usage pattern won't do as well. Probably a very tough thing for developers to understand and choose correctly.