SlimRecents New Recent App Menu Released in SlimKat Rom Update

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;dKMjpFgWH58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKMjpFgWH58#t=184[/video]

With the hardware in Android smartphones getting more and more high end we can begin to expect our devices to do more and more. I can remember when the first hyperthreaded single core processor came out and we began to have the ability to multitask on our PCs. These days we can have multiple browser tabs open as well as multiple apps open on our smartphones. The big issue has been finding a way to easily and quickly navigate through the open apps. Google has put out a pretty decent recent apps menu, and Samsung has done a great job with multiwindow. Some rom creators have also done a great job with bringing some solutions. Omnirom released Omniswitch a while back, and now Slimkat has released their very own SlimRecents. The SlimKat recents menu brings a whole new UI and theme, and makes swiping through open apps even more intuitive. You can see how it works in the video above. The new recents menu can be found in SlimKat updates.

Via XDA

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
For one, this video makes me want to use the pie controls more. When I first tried the pie controls, they seemed cumbersome, but this guy made it look so easy. I might have to give it another go.

As for the recent apps list....WOAH! That is hotter than anything I've seen thus far.