Slim extended life 1750 mah battery!!

freddie

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had store credit at verizon and bought an extended battery for my incredible. The only numbers I see are in a product description on the back that says "2150 mAh"....

It makes the phone immensely huge. I did not know this at the time of purchase, and really want to return it. I do not want to lug this brick around, let alone try putting it in my pocket.

So, what is the general consensus on which is the best buy? Is there a battery out there that significantly improves battery life without adding any dimension to the phone? There are no protective covers out there for this monster battery, so I really want to keep my phone its current size.

I am also a starving college student, so the more affordable the better, but I am not opposed to spending a little extra money if I really am getting a better product.

Thanks everyone!

<3 Haley
That battery would be my first choice, assuming there was a case available for it.

If you want a battery that uses the stock back case, buy a 1500mah battery for a HTC Touch Pro 2. Problem is that it's only 15% more battery power than your stock battery.

Avoid the Seidio 1750mah extended battery. It has been tested and shown that it is not really that capacity, and instead is equal to a 1500mah battery, but costs 3-4 times more.

Hope I was clear enough and helped you out. If you were closer I'd snag that 2150mah battery off of you :)

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
@freddie

So you would recommend the 2150mah if it weren't for the case thing huh? Should I just keep it and hope for a case to come out someday? It's just so bulky! Arg.

I'd rather save the money if the 1500 doesn't make a decent improvement on battery life...thanks for responding!

freddie

Reaction score
I would absolutely go with the 2150mah if there was a case available. Heck, I'd go with the Seidio 3500mah battery, if they had had news of a case coming soon before I ordered my 2 1500mah batteries last week.

I personally don't care if I add some bulk to the phone, as long as my phone could potentially last me from 6am-11pm without needing charged at least once. That's with light use for 9 of those hours as well. Heck, even the 2150mah doesn't add enough to the phone to make it as thick as other phones on the market. What good is a phone that does everything our phones do, if we can't use it more than 10-12 hours before it dies.

I'm not sure the 1500mah is going to be worth it. It will only last 15% longer, so assuming my 1300mah battery lasts 10 hours now, it would last 11.5 with the 1500mah battery. That's not really outstanding, but I needed a few spare batteries to last me through the day. Especially for when I'm camping and can't charge my phone all the time.

I would recommend the 3500mah battery now probably, as it has a case. That way, I could without a doubt go a full day without charging, even with moderate to heavy use. My second choice would be the 2150 (if it had a case) because that might make it a full day without charging.

Now that you have the 2150mah battery, I'd probably just take care of your phone and try not to drop it. Or send it to me and order yourself the Seidio battery and case ;)

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
@freddie

how did you find out about the seidio case? where can I see it? Do you have a link?
that would really help my decision, because I also have the invisible shield on my phone, and all the cases verizon sells are the slip on cases, and the edges are so sharp and tight that they peel off my shield. I finally found one that had two pieces that clip around the phone at best buy, but over time, those too have started rippling my shield. this is so ridiculous!

my time is running out to decide on this, as i only have until the 15th to return the battery (before my 30 days is up to return it) and I'm getting kind of antsy about what to do. I had my worst battery life ever today, after charging it all night, it was below 40% by 12 noon with NO to EXTREMELY LIGHT use!

And you have a very good point freddie, that is exactly why I need an extended battery---camping, traveling, and generally being busy and unable to sit around and charge a phone all day. Phones started off being a resource in emergencies to stay in contact and have a way to call for help if needed...I feel the ridiculous battery life of these phones makes them almost obsolete for their original purpose, which is to me still very relevant.

Right now, what is the battery out with the longest life? The seidio 3500? I may just switch to that then. Where can I order it? I'm so skeptical of ordering anything online.

Thanks for all your help!

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Ok, after some searching I found these two pages:
Amazon:
Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC Droid Incredible (Black): Cell Phones & Service

HTC Depot:
Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Battery for Verizon HTC Droid Eris - HTC Batteries - HTC Accessories Depot

I feel like the $69 is a little steep and would love to get more of a deal on this, but I would pay the extra to have the seidio case, which seems to make the phone's back look level, rather than the stupid topographical design that amazon shows. But, I still need to see the seidio case for it all, so I can figure out which of these it will even fit! This is like a virtual rubix cube!

Has anyone found a better price or better package anywhere? I'm starting to feel committed to the 3500 battery after reading some pretty glowing reviews, I just want to have my phone cover issue figured out before I get stuck with an unprotected phone again haha

thanks everyone!

RodgerRodger

Reaction score

freddie

Reaction score
As I replied to your message, the battery doors are different. You must order the Seidio battery for the Incredible.

You are OK ordering direct from Seidio. If you google it, there are even some coupons that get you like 10% off. I know 10% off isn't great, but... its something?

rmreid

Reaction score
1750 Seidio Battery

The Seidio 1750 fits into the Dinc perfectly and according to my "battery left widget" is giving me on average of 52 hours, with bluetooth, wifi, screen brightness on auto, emailing and texting throughout the day.
I turn my Dinc on at approximately 5:00 to 5:15 am every day and do not shut it off until 11pm.
I've read the test results and all I can say is that the Seidio 1750 works very well for me over the stock 1300Mah battery - Best $39.00 I've spent on my Dinc so far :)

Saint10

Reaction score

Max_HTC

Reaction score
Check it out - Seidio extended battery for the Incredible @ mygearstore.com for 40.95, free shipping. Put in coupon code mygear10 and get 10% off - a total of $36.85, awesome deal!
Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Slim Battery for HTC Droid Eris / Incredible - Black

Is there a protective case for this battery. I'm interested in picking up this battery if there is a good case for it.

It's not shipped with a case. Don't know if there is one available. I got the Seidio external charger which has a sleeve which is kinda like a case. I put it in a little nylon pouch and it fits pretty well in my pocket.

rmreid

Reaction score
has anyone noticed this 1800mah battery on eBay?

VERIZON HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2x1800mA Battery+Dock CHGR - eBay (item 220661411592 end time Aug-31-10 17:20:02 PDT)

is in just a marketing thing or is there really an 1800 battery?
I bought these off of ebay from the same seller, 1800 mah battery is slightly thicker so you have to make sure you snap the stock battery cover down (similar issue with the 1500 battery) all around.
I use them as spares to my Seidio 1750, and they seem to work fine/Charger works fine as well.