sleep mode and slide lock

Bfall

Reaction score
hello, during the week of the hurricane, I put my phone on sleep mode whenever I could do save battery due to no power. I had noticed that it had disabled the slide lock, and so now whenever I press the power button at the top or the volume button, it unlocks and goes right to home page. i assumed if there was a way to disable it without any app(or does it change a setting in an app?), there must be a way to revert the change without an app. If there is I can not seem to find where it is located and im wondering how I can get just the slide lock back.

sorry if this has been asked, I have searched and found many different threads, but nothing with the droid 3.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

havoc74

Reaction score
Same Issue

Hey, I have the same issue. Since I've been using Sleep Mode, my droidx has been skipping the slide lock whenever I press the power button. I've also noticed the phone is very, very slow. Any help anyone?

OP
B

Bfall

Reaction score
I brought it in to a verizon store, and the clerk who assisted me was very helpful, he called verizon and what he was told is that they are getting more issues like this, and it is scheduled to be fixed in the mr2 release date.

havoc74

Reaction score
On a hunch, I did a factory reset, all is good. I won't be using sleep mode anymore!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

teanpa

Reaction score
hello, during the week of the hurricane, I put my phone on sleep mode whenever I could do save battery due to no power. I had noticed that it had disabled the slide lock, and so now whenever I press the power button at the top or the volume button, it unlocks and goes right to home page. i assumed if there was a way to disable it without any app(or does it change a setting in an app?), there must be a way to revert the change without an app. If there is I can not seem to find where it is located and im wondering how I can get just the slide lock back.

sorry if this has been asked, I have searched and found many different threads, but nothing with the droid 3.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this problem for the first time today, actually. What I did was enable the pattern screen lock. Now, when I turn the display off and back on, I get the slide lock. After I slide it, I am prompted to enter my pattern. However, if the display times out, the problem reoccurs and the pattern lock does not prompt. Being sure to turn off my display before departing from my phone will have to suffice.

Hope I could help.

- T