Slacker Update - Much Much Better!

Greaser

Reaction score
I have used both Slacker and Pandora, and I've always leaned toward Pandora based on audio quality, I've always liked Slackers interface alot better, but quality always sucked, just recently there was an update for Slacker, and they fixed a few things with it

-Sound quality is much better! Comperable to Pandora!
-Fixed AVCRP Bluetooth Control, so know you can contol pausing and skipping remotely
-Added caching stations, which is also a nice feature.

Since this update I have gotten rid of Pandora all together and paid for a subscription to Slacker.

I say check it out again if you gave up on it.

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Since this update I have gotten rid of Pandora all together and paid for a subscription to Slacker.

I haven't used either before, but just started using Slacker a few days ago. While I like it so far (my own "Weird Al Yankovic Channel"!! :icon_ banana:) I've gotten a few FC, a few times when I would start Slacker up, it forgot my password and I had to re-enter, and sometimes when I would press the Slacker icon (or widget) it would go to a black screen, then back to my home screen. Seems a little unpredictable. But if I can get that ironed out, I plan on getting a paid subscription and canceling my XM radio.

When I would exit Slacker, I usually just paused it, then went about doing whatever else I wanted to. Is there some other way I'm supposed to exit?

johnzenobia

Reaction score
whats the update

what is the new slacker version number? Mine is 2.0.40 if this is old how do you update it?

derekisthematrix

Reaction score

I haven't used either before, but just started using Slacker a few days ago. While I like it so far (my own "Weird Al Yankovic Channel"!! :icon_ banana:) I've gotten a few FC, a few times when I would start Slacker up, it forgot my password and I had to re-enter, and sometimes when I would press the Slacker icon (or widget) it would go to a black screen, then back to my home screen. Seems a little unpredictable. But if I can get that ironed out, I plan on getting a paid subscription and canceling my XM radio.

When I would exit Slacker, I usually just paused it, then went about doing whatever else I wanted to. Is there some other way I'm supposed to exit?

I canceled my XM when they merged with Sirius and bought a Slacker portable. Haven't looked back...I just got a Droid as well as a Premium subscription from my wife for Xmas. It seems that after the 2.X update, the Slacker app is a bit wonky but not too bad. Lyrics, unlimited skips, and no commercials (not that they were very annoying) were worth the $4/month IMO.