I'm getting sick of Pandora

qoncept

Reaction score
Pandora has always been pretty buggy, but ever since the latest update it's been running like complete garbage. Anyone else?

1) When I open it, it'll sit at the loading screen until I quit and relaunch it more often than not.

2) When I switch to it, whether its been playing music or not, I often get the blank-screen bug. The player controls show up, but nothing else, until I close and relaunch.

3) The Bluetooth bug has been popping up CONSTANTLY. Every time the music is paused for ANY reason (a notification, call or if I just pause it myself), Bluetooth audio is screwy until I turn off my headset and back on. Some people had issues like this before, but I never did.

4) I have Settings Profiles set up to automatically launch Pandora when I put it in my car dock. It will open, start playing music but still just sit at the loading screen forever.... until I close and relaunch it.

5) Even as I type this, I CANNOT get Bluetooth to work at all. I've turned my headset off and on probably 10 times, tried it with Pandora paused, closed, opened, playing, etc.. and it just keeps skipping.

I realize the BT problem is probably more with Android than Pandora, but this is just getting ridiculous. I spent over $100 getting everything set up so I could play Pandora on my car stereo and make it EASY TO USE, but now its hardly usable at all. I haven't installed any new apps, and I've removed some trying to see if they were causing any kind of conflicts, but nothing helps. I'm starting to regret paying for a Pandora membership and just about ready to give up on it all together for Last.fm.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with those sentiments exactly. I used to listen to pandora for 100% of my music, now I listen to it only about 25% of the time cause I cant take all the crashes, or the non starts.

Also, the A2DP seems to suck. When I power on my bluetooth ear piece (for talking) it syncs instantly, but my phone only syncs to my music bluetooth about 60% of the time. I always have to go into the settings and turn off bluetooth, then back on to get it working. There are only a couple things I dont like about the droid, and this is definitely the top of that list.

cisco0910

Reaction score
happens to me also. Selecting quit then to relaunch does get quite old and gives us the unnecessary inconvenience we don't want. At least it's free so my complaints are kept to a minimum when it comes to Pandora.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the Non startups have been getting annoying lately, hopefully these will be fixed. They are usually on top of bug fixes fairly quickly. I have faith in them

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
They've been pretty terribly unresponsive for me. I emailed and asked about the missing features (the iPhone app does just about everything you can do on a PC, while ours does nothing but play and create new stations). They basically sidestepped in the response and listed a bunch of non-fixes for everything I mentioned.

There have been 2 updates since I got my Droid in November. I haven't noticed ANY enhancements or bug fixes in either, and both have been successively worse. :( Feel like using Windows.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I use Pandora daily and I haven't noticed much problem EXCEPT (and I don't know if this is Pandora or Android, but it never did it before):

I was using Pandora while simultaneously using Google Nav this weekend, and for some reason, a couple times, my 2.1 music player just started playing my ring tone (my ringtone is the only audio file I've added to the phone). I had to launch the music player, and stop (pause) the music, then re-launch Pandora to get it to work. It was also acting a little flaky with regard to pausing while the nav instructions were announced. It was irritating to say the least, however I haven't had any of these problems when not using navigation.

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
Hmm...

I used bluetooth headphones to listen to Pandora for about 5 hours yesterday and prolly got about 5 or 6 calls. I could answer the phone and go back to Pandora no problems.

My only complaint is sometimes the Pandora songs sound a little scratchier and have some white noise than my MP3s, DroidLive or RadioTime stream.

technologeek

Reaction score
Pandora Quality

Hmm...

I used bluetooth headphones to listen to Pandora for about 5 hours yesterday and prolly got about 5 or 6 calls. I could answer the phone and go back to Pandora no problems.

My only complaint is sometimes the Pandora songs sound a little scratchier and have some white noise than my MP3s, DroidLive or RadioTime stream.

Have you tried going into the preferences menu within Pandora and selecting "High" Cell Network Audio Quality? It makes a huge difference.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I love this thread. I switched to Slacker because I couldn't handle Pandora's issues anymore. Slacker isn't perfect, but it's way better than Pandora now. I stream music to a Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo gateway and have had nothing but problems with Pandora. I've emailed them with no response...

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Giant25- I use the BB gateway too. Do you have problems with your droid syncing to it? I dont think mine are related to pandora necessarily, but the droid and the bb gateway just dont play nice together.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Pandora has been a pain the ass lately. The biggest issue for me has been if you pause it and press home you have to start it up and quit it 3 times before it will go back to the home screen and let you start it up again and actually play music.

Chatchie

Reaction score
Slacker is much better in my opinion, but Pandora (for me atleast) is less buggy, so I have to use it.

travisinkansas

Reaction score
Mine seems to be working fine, except when I go into an area with no cell service of course.

seang

Reaction score
i hated both of those apps, couldn't use either.