Pandora vs. Last.fm vs Slacker?

ty_

Reaction score
I have used Last.fm and that will always be my favorite.
It's great because I can "LOVE" a track that I never knew.
Then go home and download it..[hehe]...then listen to it all I want.

quality is eh. I've never had a problem with it or heard significant problems.
[PS. UNLIMITED SKIPS AND NO ADS]

brochaos

Reaction score
thanks to this thread, i finally decided to try last.fm and slacker. last.fm just skipped to the next song halfway through the first 4 songs...(???) but then it never did it again for the next hour or so. music selection was ok, some songs were mislabeled, and there was almost constant skipping even after the song was cached. not really that impressed.

slacker had a really nice interface, although i couldn't figure out how to make a custom station...do you need to upgrade? the audio quality also seemed pretty good. no skipping in the song. however, it does not work well when it's running in the background, it immediately crashes, and the comments on the market confirm this.

so pandora it still is for me, it runs like a champ in the background while i drive with maps in the foreground.

foghorn67

Reaction score
Pandora runs swimmingly. I have been trying last.fm today, and not really liking it. I can't figure out how to add artists like Pandora. I'm sure it's not intended to, but it pisses me off.
I wish Pandora had last.fm's selection of music.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
slacker had a really nice interface, although i couldn't figure out how to make a custom station...do you need to upgrade? the audio quality also seemed pretty good. no skipping in the song. however, it does not work well when it's running in the background, it immediately crashes, and the comments on the market confirm this.

I have done it and do not have a subscription, so you don't need to upgrade. However, I don't know if it can be done with the app. All of my stations were created on their website long before the app came out.

ty_

Reaction score
Pandora runs swimmingly. I have been trying last.fm today, and not really liking it. I can't figure out how to add artists like Pandora. I'm sure it's not intended to, but it pisses me off.
I wish Pandora had last.fm's selection of music.

You can't add artists to last.fm as easily as you could with Pandora.
It is possible though, but through the website. you would create radio of 3 or so bands and later access it on your phone.

Reaction score
What do you mean by "add artists"

Last.fm lets you create a radio station based on any artist from the app doesn't it ?