I'm getting sick of Pandora

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Giant25- I use the BB gateway too. Do you have problems with your droid syncing to it? I dont think mine are related to pandora necessarily, but the droid and the bb gateway just dont play nice together.

Yup, I have the same problems. I have better luck when I turn the car on last, and turn on the phone's bluetooth first. But if it doesn't pair, I have to go into the network settings of the phone, then the bluetooth section, then have it connect to the gateway. Kind of a hassle. I have a car mount, so I originally wanted to just put the phone in the mount, have it automatically turn on bluetooth and start a music app streaming via bluetooth. I found the app "Setting Profiles" (full version) and now I just need a more reliable connection over bluetooth. Does anyone else have a bluetooth-type gateway that connects to the aux of your car that isn't the blackberry model? I'm wondering if Pandora is really the culprit or not, but Slacker doesn't give me the same issues with it.

Last edited:

xx1jpt5xx

Reaction score
I've only had my droid for a week so I cant comment on prior versions but I do get a lot of blank screens and force closes. Does pandora run well on 1x? I can usually listen to like 2 songs before I need to close and start it again.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had no problems with Pandora other than the usual problems I'd expect with any streaming application over 3G when the phone is moving (i.e. in my car.) But I wonder if those who have experienced problems have tried accessing Pandora via the web through their browser.

If the same problems exist in that mode, it's not Pandora, it's the internet connection. Both the Droid app and the browser must access the internet and I suspect the complaints may be associated with that connection rather than with the Droid app.

At worst it's worth testing.

P.S. Sorry. Just tried to do what I was suggesting and it appears that you cannot get at the internet application from the browser. My bad.

Last edited:
OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
@jef,
I have one too, and other than Pandora, I have no problems with it. It does occasionally cut out but I really think I need to pull the stereo out and fix my power connections.

Technoman

Reaction score
Try RadioTime, it is a pay APP, but you don't have a monthly subscription or anything else. Allows you to select by Region, Genre, many talk stations, Podcasts, and lots of other stuff. I purchased this when it came out due to it having the best selection of LOCAL radio stations. There is a thread on here that has more detail if interested.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/26456-radiotime-android.html