NickWBurns

Reaction score
Will there be an update for the Skype app so you can use video chat with the TB? If not whats the point of the front facing camera

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

DaWolf85

Reaction score
My guess is eventually Skype will get off its ass and release a version for the TB... but that will probably happen in about the time it's going to take for the Fascinate to get Froyo.

Juststevenva

Reaction score
Yes

if you currently download skype for verizon it will tell you video isn't currently avalible but they are working on it and will ask for your email to notify you when it is released

bluefire7002

Reaction score
blahhh i barely started getting into using Skype on my desktop.. hope its released for the TB soon :(

emontmere

Reaction score
I heard about an app called Tango.

I've been using Tango for a couple days. While I don't like the way you contact people (it's based on phone numbers and it feels like receiving a phone call), the actual video quality is great and has been pretty reliable.

Reaction score
I heard about an app called Tango.

I've been using Tango for a couple days. While I don't like the way you contact people (it's based on phone numbers and it feels like receiving a phone call), the actual video quality is great and has been pretty reliable.

Plus you don't need to be on WiFi to place calls, you can just use 3G. The only pitfall of Tango is that it is mobile-to-mobile only. With Skype, I can call my Mom or Sister if they are on their Computers.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I don't want to be force-fed skype. I've had it on my OG Droid and it drains battery like there is no tomorrow. Ever wonder why it wasn't force-fed to us? Battery would be easily 1/2 what it is now if that was forced on our phones.

BSG4893

Reaction score
If you want something in the meantime while theyre finishing the skype thats supposed to be integrated into the phone, then get oovoo. Its really just like skype, ive used it on my computer plenty and it works fine.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Yahoo Messenger and its plugin are able to video calling and that includes mobile and PC. Only scraped the surface so far and will be testing more later.