Skype?

mattdaddy24

Reaction score
Since the last update my Skype hasn't been working anyone no why that is?..what could I do to get my video chat back

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Since the last update my Skype hasn't been working anyone no why that is?..what could I do to get my video chat back

Haven't heard about anyone getting a working version out since the last OTA. I would say right now if you want to use Skype for video chat your only option is going to be to root.

OP
mattdaddy24

mattdaddy24

Reaction score
I wanna root but I'm to scared ill brick my phone I've never done it before

OP
mattdaddy24

mattdaddy24

Reaction score
Haha I've heard I would I wanna but no one show me how and I read bout it and it sounds hard

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
Haha I've heard I would I wanna but no one show me how and I read bout it and it sounds hard

yep it can seem scary but believe me its not. a little time comsuming if it dont work the first time but as long as you follow the directions and dont freak out if it dont work the first time then you will do fine. ive rooted two thunderbolts using the three step process.

find it here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...dated-easy-root-available-3-step-process.html

it will leave you rooted/stock good luck.

droidfellow

Reaction score
The easiest way is to use z4root, check the forum for instructions and download link.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running cynogenmod 7 using DroidForums

polish23

Reaction score

Seriously, it's easy! This is my first Android phone, and I did it the first weekend I had it! The phone is amazing now! Rockin Bamf Sense 3.0 RC4.9! DO IT!

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
The easiest way is to use z4root, check the forum for instructions and download link.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL running cynogenmod 7 using DroidForums

Z4 can be used to root the thunderbolt wish I wouldve known. IM Gonna look into it since I used z4 to root the droid2 and it was one click.

OP
mattdaddy24

mattdaddy24

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I'm gonna try it today I'm holing for the best ill let everyone no how it goes ill prob have alot of questions once I get started

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
well i tried to install the skype app i had on my sd card and it wouldnt install. im rooted with bamf gb. but i did get the netflix app to work. its messed up that skype doesnt work like someone said in another thread "is the front facing camera usless?"

KillerKPD

Reaction score
Tried using Skype after update and get a message saying it will it work with phone. Mega bummer. Need to have video Skype. Qik is no where near as good

OP
mattdaddy24

mattdaddy24

Reaction score
Its dumb the phone isn't half as good as it should be cause of all the lil flaws they should've fixed by now the front can is pointless

polish23

Reaction score
Have you guys tried installing the leaked release? I have it and my video chat works just fine... I'll see if I can post a link to it just in case