Skype Mobile errors?

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
Okay, i had skype previously downlaoded onto my rooted droid. I tried using android market to give it another shot, i can't find it anywhere :(

So i went to the skype.com official website and got a download link sent to my phone, and that won't even install. I am thinking it is because my phone is rooted. But I have no way of proving this. Maybe it's because of the custom ROM that I am running.

Can anyone throw a dog a bone and gimme some advice?

Much Love DF :]

rfriel

Reaction score
skype mobile for android

search the market, skype mobile

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Skype Mobile has been removed from the market, and from the sounds of things for some time now. I have the APK that I'm willing to share if anyone's interested, and I can confirm it even works with my bluetooth headset. Verizon still maintains that it doesn't use your plan minutes for Skype-to-Skype calls on their website, even though it uses the Verizon voice network to carry said calls. Domestic calls to non-Skype numbers will use your plan minutes, international calls will use Skype credit. If you're connected to WiFi you'll have to disconnect before making any calls.

Again, I have the apk I'm willing to share if anyone's interested since it's apparently still not available for download. If this is illegal, please let me know so I can stop.

rock7632

Reaction score
Skype Mobile has been removed from the market, and from the sounds of things for some time now. I have the APK that I'm willing to share if anyone's interested, and I can confirm it even works with my bluetooth headset. Verizon still maintains that it doesn't use your plan minutes for Skype-to-Skype calls on their website, even though it uses the Verizon voice network to carry said calls. Domestic calls to non-Skype numbers will use your plan minutes, international calls will use Skype credit. If you're connected to WiFi you'll have to disconnect before making any calls.

Again, I have the apk I'm willing to share if anyone's interested since it's apparently still not available for download. If this is illegal, please let me know so I can stop.

Can you please PM me the apk too? thanks