Skype for Android VS Skype Mobile over VZW

happenstance314

Reaction score
Okay, I have a question.

I have a subscription to Skype To Go. I know that Skype for Android is the WiFi version, and ONLY works over WiFi.

But if i have the Skype To Go, and I use the VZW Skype, will this use my minutes or my 3G data?
My VZW plan consists of 450 minutes. The price per month is pretty stupid for data and minutes, and I find it rather unfair that Skype is VoiP and you can't use it over 3g as far as I have read into it.

I guess the tl;dr is:

Can I turn off my minutes and just use Skype To Go? If so, do I have to use the WiFi version or can I actually go mobile?
Or was a Skype to Go number just a waste of money?

If anyone can provide a solid answer to this question, I will be eternally indebted.
Well...
Let's just stick to thanks in advance.

giga pipe

Reaction score
I wanna know to.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

GDP

Reaction score
Skype uses 3g when on a verizon android device. I don't understand the question

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Deewhite0612

Reaction score
I have a skype account on my computer but when I try to use skype mobile and try signing in with my usual skype log in, it is unable to connect. I have unlimited internet on my plan. Do I needed a separate skype mobile account?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

al19

Reaction score
My understanding is that Verizon's Skype to go only works on Verizon's 3G network. For international calls it is free but US calls count against your minutes. It won't work if you are roaming (or if your data connection is wifi). That's my understanding.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

giga pipe

Reaction score
Is there a way where we can hack the app and make calls from Skype instead. without wifi?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App