Sirius XM Android app is here

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I got a call while listening to Sirius. The music cut out and the phone rang, except I was unable to answer the call. When the call disconnected I got the lost data message.
running stock 2.1 droid takes calls no prob.... returns right to xm at end of call

pigpen

Reaction score
Niiice ... i just got the yearly subscription and saved some money. The rate is $12.95/mo without a sirius radio for their internet service. The yearly works out to $155.40, mine was $142.45.

Listening to the virus and GD radio all afternoon.

Stock 2.1 Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I got a call while listening to Sirius. The music cut out and the phone rang, except I was unable to answer the call. When the call disconnected I got the lost data message.
running stock 2.1 droid takes calls no prob.... returns right to xm at end of call

Works great on the DI also

Sal

Reaction score
sirius-droid-app.jpg

Sirius announced the new Sirius/XM Android Application is available today! Not a current subscriber? No worries, you can sign up today and receive a free 7-day subscription to check out this new satellite radio app and get over 120 channels of music, news, talk radio and more. For more information visit: SIRIUS|XM on Android

Thanks for the tip Garemlin,
Check out the ongoing discussion here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/47816-sirius-xm-app-available-now.html

So this isn't available in Market? Then how does 1 know when app updates come available?

Reaction score
I was going to ask why this didn't use the satellites for signal, then I face palmed myself and realized they are for GPS, ergo a different signal. I have high hopes for this app once it gets settled in and they get everything worked out with the data loss.

Nick177th

Reaction score
Ok, how do you do this? You just put the .zip file on your SD card and install? I've never installed an app as a .zip before. Only as a .apk.

Reaction score
It should save as a .apk. If it doesn't just rename it either on your computer, or through a file manager on your phone such as Astro.

Nick177th

Reaction score
It d/l'd as a .zip. Which file am I extracting and changing to a .apk?

Sal

Reaction score
It should save as a .apk. If it doesn't just rename it either on your computer, or through a file manager on your phone such as Astro.

And How do we know when updates come available for this? Do we just have to remember to check often?

brianr0131

Reaction score
I'm kind of pissed about this. They got me to sign up for lifetime service about a year ago when they started charging for online listening. March?

Their selling point was.....extend your service and we'll extend your free online listening until the end of your extension. I naturally saw the internet access for Sirius being a thing of the future and called to inquire if that would apply to "Lifetime" subscriptions as well. They tell me of course and I pay them for lifetime.

Fast forward to present day and the newly coined "premium internet" service. Damn!

I can still listen to NFL and Howard from my laptop so I shouldn't complain too hard, but I was looking forward to the app and I thought (foolishly) that I had covered my bases on that.

Now, they can't make any more money off me so I really have no firepower to call and complain either.

Oh well, could be worse I guess.

Reaction score
It d/l'd as a .zip. Which file am I extracting and changing to a .apk?
Just rename the file itself, you shouldn't have to extract anything. Just click on it like you would normally to rename, then erase the .zip and replace with .apk.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
sirius-droid-app.jpg

Sirius announced the new Sirius/XM Android Application is available today! Not a current subscriber? No worries, you can sign up today and receive a free 7-day subscription to check out this new satellite radio app and get over 120 channels of music, news, talk radio and more. For more information visit: SIRIUS|XM on Android

Thanks for the tip Garemlin,
Check out the ongoing discussion here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/47816-sirius-xm-app-available-now.html

So this isn't available in Market? Then how does 1 know when app updates come available?

It may come up on the Market later on.

PhoneSter

Reaction score