Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

speaktoit.jpg

We are already aware of some pretty cool stuffs ‘Siri’ can do on IPhone 4S. Ever wished to have a similar assistant on your Android Phone as well? Well, here you go; it’s called ‘Speaktoit Assistant’ and it might very well be called Siri’s alternative for Android. The app, still in its Beta version is available for free in Android Market and has some spectacular features wherein you can update your Facebook Status, Call, Play Music, Message and do a lot more. The app will soon be available for iOS, Windows Phone, Bada & Blackberry.

Speaktoit Assistant is a virtual buddy for your Android device that uses natural language technology to answer questions, find information, launch apps and connect you with various web services, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and many others.

The Assistant works with your smartphone to get maps, search for news and images, look up weather reports, convert currency and measurements, send email, and much more.
No need to memorize special commands or complex interfaces - simply speak or type in everyday language and the Assistant will understand and respond with what you need.

speaktoit1.jpg
speaktoit2.jpg
speaktoit3.jpg

[video=youtube;myE498nyfGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=myE498nyfGw[/video]

If you wanna give Speaktoit a try, grab it from the Android Market for free. Please let us know what you think of this promising app.​

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sweet! I'm sure these type of apps will only get better with time as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow, that works way better than Iris and the guy is speaking fairly normal too. Gonna give it a shot, hopefully when I'm on the road I get a chance to use it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just downloaded and tried it out, seems it has some trouble sending text messages to people when I speak their name. It will put your message into text form but you manually have to choose who to send it to even with commands such as "send text to 'mom'"

Works way better than Iris that's for sure.

joshhh

Reaction score
Been using it for a week or so, LOVE IT. Its amazing.

Sent from my DROID3

Heywood

Reaction score
Not bad you can change the personal assistant to suit your eyeballs. How do I post a pic of my new sexy virtual assistant without legs floating in he clouds

All of these voice apps really need to get the voices sounding a lil less robotic I think that will help to

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ambrown

Reaction score
What makes Siri so cool? This does: its the WolframAlpha engine,
http://www.businessinsider.com/wolfram-alpha-2011-10
So while there certainly are great voice command, and voice-to-text apps available this is why Siri is getting attention. But even so, I'd still take Android over iPhone based on freedom to do vs. ram-everything-though-the-walled-garden approach.

By the way I am currently using Vlingo for my voice to text and commands.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

billyk

Reaction score
What makes Siri so cool? This does: its the WolframAlpha engine,
What Is Wolfram Alpha?
So while there certainly are great voice command, and voice-to-text apps available this is why Siri is getting attention. But even so, I'd still take Android over iPhone based on freedom to do vs. ram-everything-though-the-walled-garden approach.

By the way I am currently using Vlingo for my voice to text and commands.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Thanks for that reference.

ETW11

Reaction score
I tried this app a while back, but preferred Voice Actions (now called Jeanie?). I may try this one again to see if it has improved.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in real quick. This app would be hands down the best assistant app if it only had the ability to listen/reply to incoming texts hands free. The way it is now, you still have to type in a recipient then press Send. Combine Jarvis with Speaktoit and you have a godly app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Liquid Linaro 1.5, 4,000+ Quadrant Scores!