Simply Stunning X - Coming Soon

yukmizzee

Reaction score
Wifi tether is peer to peer. 3g hotspot act as an actual access point for multiple devices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

:rofl3:WHAT???? You have NO idea what your talking about.:r_c: Peer to peer huh? So when I use wifi tether Im connecting to someone elses wifi connection? LOL, do you mean ad-hoc? Ive had my laptop, ipad and my gf's laptop ALL running at the same time off wifi tether.:icon_eek: SO you sir, are incorrect.

TWong1200

Reaction score
Wifi tether is peer to peer. 3g hotspot act as an actual access point for multiple devices.

:rofl3:WHAT???? You have NO idea what your talking about.:r_c: Peer to peer huh? So when I use wifi tether Im connecting to someone elses wifi connection? LOL, do you mean ad-hoc? Ive had my laptop, ipad and my gf's laptop ALL running at the same time off wifi tether.:icon_eek: SO you sir, are incorrect.

Easy tiger...yah, I meant ad-hoc. Don't be such a douchbag. I guarantee you're the only one that's able to do this. It's a well-known limitation of wifi tether. Why do you think P3Droid came out with a patch to enable the 3G hotspot?

guns4america

Reaction score
I too have had multiple devices connected to my Droid using wifi tether. It definitely works like wireless router.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

yukmizzee

Reaction score
I too have had multiple devices connected to my Droid using wifi tether. It definitely works like wireless router.

Only one huh? douchebag huh? No your dumb, and have NO idea what your talking about. P3droid came out with that patch BECAUSE wifi is ad-hoc, the 3g hotspot patch is infrastructure!!! Thats why.. Im not the only one, maybe your just that dumb and cannot get it to work. Do some research before you post wrong info. Thanks:icon_eek:

TWong1200

Reaction score

Wow....this is the first (well 2nd now) I've ever heard of anyone being able to do so. If true, which I completely believe is since you're not coming off as a complete DB like the other guy, then I don't know why P3 would have patched the stock 3G Hotspot app.

TWong1200

Reaction score

Only one huh? douchebag huh? No your dumb, and have NO idea what your talking about. P3droid came out with that patch BECAUSE wifi is ad-hoc, the 3g hotspot patch is infrastructure!!! Thats why.. Im not the only one, maybe your just that dumb and cannot get it to work. Do some research before you post wrong info. Thanks:icon_eek:

Ok, please educate me ol wise one. What do you gain?

yukmizzee

Reaction score

Wow....this is the first (well 2nd now) I've ever heard of anyone being able to do so. If true, which I completely believe is since you're not coming off as a complete DB like the other guy, then I don't know why P3 would have patched the stock 3G Hotspot app.

BECAUSE THE 3G HOTSPOT IS INFRASTRUCTURE WIFI IS AD-HOC.. or wait peer to peer like you said.. LMAO....:rofl3:

guns4america

Reaction score
I would install wifi tether and give it a shot if I were you. I just (2 minutes ago) double checked using my wife's droid 2. I connected a laptop, a pc, and my X to her phone. All three connections were shown in wifi tether.

yukmizzee

Reaction score

?? Google infrastructure and then ad-hoc.. Google will tell you everything you need to know.. Some devices cant or have difficultly connecting to ad-hoc, infrastructure is more secure than ad-hoc... The lists go on and on.:)

TWong1200

Reaction score
I would install wifi tether and give it a shot if I were you. I just (2 minutes ago) double checked using my wife's droid 2. I connected a laptop, a pc, and my X to her phone. All three connections were shown in wifi tether.

Yup...I've tried it before but honestly didn't try multiple devices.

TWong1200

Reaction score

?? Google infrastructure and then ad-hoc.. Google will tell you everything you need to know.. Some devices cant or have difficultly connecting to ad-hoc, infrastructure is more secure than ad-hoc... The lists go on and on.:)

Yup...I have, briefly My point is dude, take it easy before you start shouting out at people and calling names. I completely believe you, it's just what I've read regarding the the limitations of WiFi Tether. This is a forum for learning, not attacking others.

I digress.

yukmizzee

Reaction score

Yup...I have, briefly My point is dude, take it easy before you start shouting out at people and calling names. I completely believe you, it's just what I've read regarding the the limitations of WiFi Tether. This is a forum for learning, not attacking others.

I digress.

Yes I agree. I tried to tell you that it was ad-hoc not peer to peer and you called me a douche-bag for trying to teach you something. So heed your own advice. Funny how you say that after youve been proven wrong. Sorry but I hate ignorance.

guns4america

Reaction score
This thread is about SSX. We are all on the same side and waiting for yet another awesome release from Chevyno1. He was simply mistaken. Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. There is no reason to jump all over someone for being wrong. Simply inform them, nicely, then move along.

jaben2

Reaction score
Yup I have had the wifi tether working on 2 ipods at once and other times with my computer and a ipod.
Never had a problem

GlenBoRTR

Reaction score
This thread is about SSX. We are all on the same side and waiting for yet another awesome release from Chevyno1. He was simply mistaken. Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. There is no reason to jump all over someone for being wrong. Simply inform them, nicely, then move along.
Thank You!! :) I'd really love to hear about Chevy's progress on the SSX rom release. Seems like the WiFi Tether argument should be taken to another thread...
I'm just saying. :icon_eek: