SSX v1.1 - Coming Soon :)

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, this is a 2.3.340 ROM :)

Now - that being said - I'm not sure how this will work for those of you still on 2.3.15 ... since I already flashed 2.3.340 to my X it is impossible for me to know.

However - this ROM does update the kernel, the radio, and the bootloader to most recent. Just not sure if/how this will work for those on older versions. So - keep this in mind if you decide to flash. I've reflashed over my 2.3.340 several times with no issues. Also - this ROM updates ALL apk's and libs to 2.3.340.

Not tooo much new really, as I've been so busy. But wanted to get a new version out with updated apps, etc.

geronimogman

Reaction score
what do us currently on ssx 1.0 have to do to upgrade...i have not done the ota update yet...should i do that? or will i just be able to upgrade to this when it comes out straight from ssx 1.0?? plz help im n a debacle here lol

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
what do us currently on ssx 1.0 have to do to upgrade...i have not done the ota update yet...should i do that? or will i just be able to upgrade to this when it comes out straight from ssx 1.0?? plz help im n a debacle here lol

To be honest - I do not know. My GOAL is for you to be just able to install this ROM and automatically be upgraded to 2.3.340. I believe this is the way it will work, but I cannot say as I am past that already myself - so you could be my perfect guinea pig if you're interested ;)

That being said - there is the possibility of a screwup - so be ready to SBF if need-be.

slipvayne9278

Reaction score
Awesome. Whats strange is i was running ssx and went back to stock to do the ota update. Then out of curiosity i restored ssx and it worked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ssxfiend

Reaction score

To be honest - I do not know. My GOAL is for you to be just able to install this ROM and automatically be upgraded to 2.3.340. I believe this is the way it will work, but I cannot say as I am past that already myself - so you could be my perfect guinea pig if you're interested ;)

That being said - there is the possibility of a screwup - so be ready to SBF if need-be.

If our friend isn't ready to be a guinea pig, I'll give it a shot! I'm running ssx 1.0, and have my sbf file on standby.

umx

Reaction score
If the rom, is based off 2.3.340, then people will need to update there phones to that. If there on 2.3.15, they need to get a full 2.2 SBF, not 2.2.1, bc if your on 2.3.15 ur gonna have a 30.01 boot loader, So SBf your phone that way then do updates via verizon thru the phone. should be on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, i got a rma phone from verizon today and it was on 2.3.340. Then you get z4root, root the bad boy and install your rom.

Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now

Now if i could only figure out what app on my phone is causing my phone to freeze and kick me back to the red eye, funny thing is never had a problem with ssx1.0 until i effed with the ginger keyboard or tranq 3.6

Do you also have a ETA chev

Last edited:

geronimogman

Reaction score
so do i have to unroot to install the ota update or can i just click the download button if im rooted and on ssx1.0 n let the ota update do everything..i dont mind going stock the time being as long as i get my system updated.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would recommend removing Superuser before accepting the OTA...just in case the update goes through. The OTA will remove root and you'll be stuck with Superuser which can make rerooting a PITA.

so do i have to unroot to install the ota update or can i just click the download button if im rooted and on ssx1.0 n let the ota update do everything..i dont mind going stock the time being as long as i get my system updated.

DroidForums junkie!!

ssxfiend

Reaction score
I have not been able to do the ota. It fails each time. I believe you may have to go back to stock before the update will work for you. I did sbf to stock 2.2, then update worked fine. Then rooted and back to ssx. As far as if you will need to go back before chevy's update, I'm not sure. If anyone can give you the ability to load their rom as an upgrade, it would be chevy. We'll just have to see what he's come up with.

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Meaning if we flashed another rom and reverted back to 315. Uh downloading and installing this new rom will take me back to 340? If so that would be awesome!

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Oh.
Greatttt...

If the rom, is based off 2.3.340, then people will need to update there phones to that. If there on 2.3.15, they need to get a full 2.2 SBF, not 2.2.1, bc if your on 2.3.15 ur gonna have a 30.01 boot loader, So SBf your phone that way then do updates via verizon thru the phone. should be on 2.3.320 or 2.3.340, i got a rma phone from verizon today and it was on 2.3.340. Then you get z4root, root the bad boy and install your rom.

Now if i could only figure out what app on my phone is causing my phone to freeze and kick me back to the red eye, funny thing is never had a problem with ssx1.0 until i effed with the ginger keyboard or tranq 3.6

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

So - if my ROM has ALL of /system from 2.3.340 - AND it has the 30.04 bootloader, the new kernel, and new radio - what is missing that they would get from the full? This is what I'm unsure of ...