sim card

whoneedssox

Reaction score
im not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this on but i guess im going to do it anyways. i recently bought a droid hoping there was some way to use it without getting the unlimited data plan (i guess i should have researched first). anyways, is there a way to activate a sim card that are used in blackberries without getting the unlimited data plan so i can use the sim card in say an iphone?

Joker

Reaction score
If you have a Droid for VZW there is no SIM card like in GSM phones, pretty sure the answer would be no.

OP
W

whoneedssox

Reaction score
well im looking towards a different route now. i plan on selling the droid and possibly getting an iphone if it was possible to get a sim card without having to get a unlimited data plan

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All Smartphone on VZW require the unlimited data plan....It's crazy to have a smartphone and be limited on data....

OP
W

whoneedssox

Reaction score
im not that crazy about going using internet all the time. i could easily get by just using wifi. i was just looking for a phone with wifi that didnt require such an expensive plan, being a college student and all. yeah i know everyone says "ipod touch" but who really wants to carry around 2 things when i could just get 1. i also hear "switch to a different service" but come on, verizon is the best, just overpriced.

jacobrv

Reaction score
I know it used to be possible to buy a Pay As You Go phone from like walmart or whatever and put the SIM chip in an iPhone, but rumor was a while back they found a way to block it. I don't know if its true though. Oh, and if you want to stick with Verizon, there is no way to do SIM stuff on US soil as far as I know. You would have to have AT&T or T-Mobile, or one of they PAYG partners.

Joker

Reaction score
Well as stated above all smartphones on verizon will require you to have a data plan. And your previous post mentioned wanted to get an iphone now. That would not work on VZW network. So if you plan on sticking with verizon, don't get the iphone in anticipation that you would get it work work on their network.

OP
W

whoneedssox

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. guess ill just have to stick to my dumbphone for now =/