Signature in Emails through Droid???

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those suggesting it, gmail isn't germane to the OP.

Is there an email program that works through Exchange that has a signature function?
I can't recall which ones do and which ones don't but in addition to Touchdown, check out HTC Work Email, Moxier and RoadSync.

I just want Folders natively!!!!
With the right type of email account and the right email client you can have folders.

Last edited:

theplantman

Reaction score
touchdown has worked very well for me on exchange 2003 sp2

Ditto, Signature that I use on my Droid is the same one I use on Outlook, so you cannot tell if I am replying from cell or laptop! The most important app I have on my phone.

theplantman

Reaction score
Menu,account setting and signature.

Menu, account setting and........no signature function.

I'm going to try Touchdown trial as another problem I have is that when I delete a message that is opened it opens up the next message rather than go back to my inbox. Then I have to mark that message "unread" if I don't want to get to it yet.
How is it that I went from a TREO to a Droid and went backwards in email capabilities????

Touchdown should come standard on a Droid. It is 19.99 BUT well worth it for me. My phones 1st priority is work and without it I would not have kept the droid. You will not get signature on the 'trial' version but will as soon as you purchase full version. You can have as many folders sync as you like as well as tasks and such. You can tweak it to your liking. I don't have Active Sync at work but set the polling for every 2 minutes and Bam...good to go.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Weird... it's always been in both of Native e-mail apps (G-mail and E-mail) for as long as I can remember.

G-Mail Menu>More>Settings.

E-Mail Menu>Account Settings.

You sure? Thought that was fixed in 2.2...

Boxman

Reaction score
Signature

Email now has signature feature.
I use my Droid for work, now all sent emails will have my signature:icon_ banana:
Under email page, settings, signature option.
Can't find any posts about this so thought I would share.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you're referring to 2.2 which is where this post should have been made. Technically speaking there has always been a signature. It's just been on the gmail settings on line.

twtaylor3

Reaction score
I can't seem to find where I can set up a signature for outgoing mail through my Droid. I'm using the email program that came with the Droid (the version with the keypad slideout) and running it through Exchange from my business. Any help?
Today I found "Inserty" in the Market (free) and it works great for inserting signatures in email on my Droid1. It inserts your custom text items into any app. Froyo offers a signature but it only appears in new emails. I found no way to get it to show up in reply/fwd emails. I had to use the slide-out keyboard to get Froyo's to setup a multi-line signature. Wish this app was out a few months ago when I was searching for it.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Got another signature question.
I am running UD 8 on Froyo 2.2.
I am using the stock email for my exchange account. I am able to set the signature for all NEW out going emails, but I am not seeing the option to add my signature for forwards or replys.
Am I missing something? Or is it another limitation?

Someone let me know..

DruidX

Reaction score
I don't see the signature setting at all. Running on Outlook Exchange Server.

If I go to Menu, Email Settings.. then simply type in the signature you want, and it remains on all the emails. Works simply.

jm1797

Reaction score
Try "Improved Email" from android market.....its built on the same native android email platform but has additional features like forward / reply signatures. You can also set colors to different email accounts. Works pretty good on my droid1.

I went ahead and deleted my stock android email.apk using RootExplorer, rebooted phone, searched and installed Improved Email from market, moved it from /data/app-private to system/app, set permissions to rw-r--r-- (or run fix permissions via Rom Manager), reboot phone and then set up email.

Hope this helps...I was frustrated with sometimes losing the email push connectivity of the stock email.apk and also having no forward/ reply signature for my work's exchange email.