Exchange on Droid w/ Signature! & MORE!

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Well here is the deal... I had to find a Exchange compatible email program for a buddy at work on their G1 a while back and i completely forgot about it. Below is a link to the Exchange email program for the HTC Magic.

Exchange ActiveSync on your G1! nexeo.net

I will be testing this over the next few days to see how well it works in comparison to the stock email program on the Droid. Lets see how this goes... the one thing i am worried about is the Corp Calendar. So I am leaving my exchange account setup on the phone and just setting to to get messages NEVER.

Lets see how well this works.

-Cuzzinz

EDIT:

Good news.. the app installed and is working well. Its white... so its not as pretty as the other email app on the droid but it feels like there are a lot more options.

New Things you Can Do:
Signature for Exchange Emails
View inline images (e.g. Image based signature Lines)
Set Send Receive Size Limits.
More options for frequency of downlods

More to come

I am still playing around with it... but so far so good!

Update: You can also accept Appointments RIGHT FROM THE EMAIL! Wow if this is stable I am going to much more productive with work emails on my phone!

I hope this helps others out!

JayMonster

Reaction score
The link you have goes to a page with two Exchange Applications. One is "Work Mail" which is by HTC and was stock with the MyTouch 3g. The other one is Sherpa. Which one did you download and install?

OP
cuzzinz

cuzzinz

Reaction score
i downloaded the email that came with the MyTouch3g thats the one to get. its email.apk

Lmk what you think...

Right now i am testing out to see if it still pushes my calendar since i set the standard Droid email to never fetch.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Oh, I am not downloading either of them. My Exchange client has worked flawlessly thus far (knocking on wood), and I am not mucking with it. I just asked to clarify for the next person.

This of course is unsupported in every way since I am sure HTC would be none to happy that it is installed on a Droid. But I wish you luck with it.

jkayner

Reaction score
hey what do you know, it allows you to sort! :clap: who would have thought someone would need that function?!? Sadly I do not see a way to automatically sync multiple folders (it's still manual refresh)

OP
cuzzinz

cuzzinz

Reaction score
hey what do you know, it allows you to sort! :clap: who would have thought someone would need that function?!? Sadly I do not see a way to automatically sync multiple folders (it's still manual refresh)

Ya that part is still the same...

But keep in mind i have NEVER owned a phone that automatically syncs ALL folders. I use to have an omnia... and a helio ocean before that and a sony ericsson p990 before that... none of those phones auto synced all my folders. With IMAP, POP, or MAPI.

EDIT: Actually let me rephrase that... none of them did it by default. My windows mobile phones had to have the folders set to refresh in folder management... but since windows mobile phones do not notify you when new emails are received into sub folders (outlook does not do this either unless you have fav folders setup).... it was kinda of pointless... and a manual refresh we pretty much necessary anyway.

OP
cuzzinz

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Oh, I am not downloading either of them. My Exchange client has worked flawlessly thus far (knocking on wood), and I am not mucking with it. I just asked to clarify for the next person.

This of course is unsupported in every way since I am sure HTC would be none to happy that it is installed on a Droid. But I wish you luck with it.

I was totally happy too... but considering android is based on linux there is no registry or the such so if your use to windows mobile and installing new applications that could "brick" your phone no worries... just uninstall the app and your as good as new.

I like the stock email system... its great... just this HTC one is better... and its faster.

I am testing out the battery today and I will update you all as far as the performance goes. The download is pretty light weight for this application which is nice and like i said before it works fine with the resolution of our screen.

+1 again for the ability to download the rest of the email and inline images (with the click of the download photos button... HEY IT ACTUALLY WORKS!) lol

EDIT:
TK093 (from howardforums) said:
What about the Exchange password policies? Can it enforce the PIN or complex password that exchange can enforce? What about device encryption? (Exchange 2007 or above?) I'll have to check it out.

As far as passcodes... our system is only setup for low level complexity and when i mean low i mean it just has to meet a minimum number of characters.

As far as any sort of security and encryption the application supports our wildcard SSL cert no problem :-D

We are on exchange 2007 SP1 so i would assume that it would be fully compatible with the previous versions.

justin9999

Reaction score
Installed and it works fine. But no LED notification. Any suggestions?

OP
cuzzinz

cuzzinz

Reaction score
Installed and it works fine. But no LED notification. Any suggestions?

To be honest with you I never noticed that...my DROID!!!! email DROID notification is so loud and I check my phone every 15 minutes or so anyway. Ive never missed an email lol.

I tried playing with the settings of the stock Droid email program but... to get the LED light to show up it will show the notification in the shade still..I just set the notification sound to silent lol. So its a little sloppy...but that is the closest I could get.

Bill any ideas?

Reaction score
But keep in mind i have NEVER owned a phone that automatically syncs ALL folders. I use to have an omnia... and a helio ocean before that and a sony ericsson p990 before that... none of those phones auto synced all my folders. With IMAP, POP, or MAPI.

My Palm Pre :palm: automatically synched multiple e-mail accounts, both yahoo, exchange and gmail all at the same time. It also allowed for specific signatures for each (an essential feature for business users) and it also allowed you to choose which e-dress you were sending from via a drop-down window from the 'compose' window. Lastly, it merged duplicate e-mails for when accounts are forwarded to another that is also synched on the same phone.

That said, if someone can get a Droid e-mail management system with those features on my new Moto Droid, I'll be a happy camper. (Verizon signal is the key to my flipping out of the Pre.):motdroidvert: :)

OP
cuzzinz

cuzzinz

Reaction score

My Palm Pre :palm: automatically synched multiple e-mail accounts, both yahoo, exchange and gmail all at the same time. It also allowed for specific signatures for each (an essential feature for business users) and it also allowed you to choose which e-dress you were sending from via a drop-down window from the 'compose' window. Lastly, it merged duplicate e-mails for when accounts are forwarded to another that is also synched on the same phone.

That said, if someone can get a Droid e-mail management system with those features on my new Moto Droid, I'll be a happy camper. (Verizon signal is the key to my flipping out of the Pre.):motdroidvert: :)

This build quality is probably a bit better also...