Siedio Extended Battery question

tjarvis

Reaction score
So I'm looking to upgrade to the rezound next month and I know I will need an extended battery, but I'm not sure if the 2750 will be enough. (I'm a battery hog...) Has anyone upgraded from the tbolt with the siedio 3500 extended battery had any luck shoving that monster into the rezound? I can't find any direct measurements for the two batteries to compare to see if the siedio would fit in the rezound under the oem extended battery door. I know you have to use the oem door as it has no signal otherwise. Thanks ahead of time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
Don't quote me in this, but I think I remember someone trying that same battery and it fit, but either didn't work or didn't work properly. The extended battery that most people are using now is pretty good. I use my stuff heavy at times too and even streaming sports events I never been lower than 40 percent at the end of the day. I'd say thats pretty good. just make sure you do an initial FULL charge and a FULL drain then a FULL charge and you should get maximum juice. Under moderate usage I've gotten a day and a half out of the battery. Good luck on your decision though.

OP
tjarvis

tjarvis

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer, I'm half tempted to buy both and return what doesn't work. With the extended 3200 on my d1 and d2 and a 3500 that I had on my eris (all being 3g only) I'm generally down under 15% after a full day ie; about 16 hrs away from a charger at work. If it wasn't for that stupid back antenna idea there would be other third party extended batteries.Either I buy both and find out or I just get the nexus with the 3800 seidio battery with a case and holster to boot :) I just need the beast with the most battery oomph to "love me long time"

cp24eva

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer, I'm half tempted to buy both and return what doesn't work. With the extended 3200 on my d1 and d2 and a 3500 that I had on my eris (all being 3g only) I'm generally down under 15% after a full day ie; about 16 hrs away from a charger at work. If it wasn't for that stupid back antenna idea there would be other third party extended batteries.Either I buy both and find out or I just get the nexus with the 3800 seidio battery with a case and holster to boot :) I just need the beast with the most battery oomph to "love me long time"

yeah the rear antenna thing was a bit off. It does have great reception though. I don't like the shape or bulk of the extended battery but it does a great job. verizon is selling them for half off right now. try it. If it does suit your needs, let us know if the seidio works out. and if not, well looks like we lost a rezound club member huh? Lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
tjarvis

tjarvis

Reaction score
Haven't joined the club yet, but I certainly haven't ruled joining the club out yet. This may be an easier choose if verizon stores around here had live 4g phones to play with...they refuse to have activated test phones that are 4g, how dumb? I'll let you know what I find out.

cp24eva

Reaction score
How long until you get some 4G action? Any ETA? Sorry to hear that. AND if you don't even have 4G then I'd say that you are on the safe side of the battery issue and either phone with the extended battery will give you that 'love me long time' that you are looking for lol. I like my rezound, but that 4.65 screen is pretty enticing. 4.65 screen and ICS are the only things i'd say the Nexus has on the rezound. The form itself is of personal preference. But so are other things.

OP
tjarvis

tjarvis

Reaction score
How long until you get some 4G action? Any ETA? Sorry to hear that.

That's the dumb thing, I live in a 4g area, a huge one at that...but the stores here won't activate any of the 4g phones. Are they afraid of showing off? Retarded...

cp24eva

Reaction score
That doesn't even sound right! I dunno. I mean, I might cause a stir on that. If they have 4G phones and 4G connectivity why wont they activate you? Do any of your friends/family in the area have a 4G capable phone that are actually using 4G? You can always order it online and they send everything. all you have to do it call and with minutes it's activated. That is if you know for sure you want the phone that you plan on ordering.

OP
tjarvis

tjarvis

Reaction score
No no no, they will activate your phone, just not the display phones that are out there for the customer to play with. All they have in display is dummy 4g phones, none of them actually work. I went in to try and decide between the rezound or the nexus and they refuse to have a live phone for display, just the fake ones that don't do anything. My wife has the stratosphere with 4g and it dominates our crappy roadrunner turbo speeds.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Ah, I see. yeah, those phones don't do anyone justice. i think those phones are for the people who either had their minds made up OR don't know what it is that they want, but will buy anything popular.