Should I keep my DROID X or trade it for a DROID 2 Global?

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score
Just look at the dealbreakers and decide for yourself. Half of us love X other half love 2. Bottom line, if you base your decision on what someone else tells you, you'll probably end up disappointed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Okay, well if I like the keyboard and dedign ill get it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After having my droid X for two months and still using my Droid as a wifi device, I find my self using the keyboard less and less on the droid. Its now down to about 25% physical keyboard usage.

Xerrus

Reaction score
I got the d2g first and took it back for the droid x.

You say you wont root it and rom it but after a while that lagging moto blurr interface will get to you and you'll want to change it. Stick with the X. The user base and developer community is outstanding. Do a little research, learn the lingo, turn your droid x into the powerhouse it can be. Overclock it to 1.2 ghz or higher after rooting. Some people can even achieve 1.45 ghz without problems.

Based on the fact your 15 and keep reiterating that you want a keyboard I'm assuming all you want to do it text people, thus go with the global, it's more kid-friendly...leave the advanced devices to us adults. ;-P

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score

You say you wont root it and rom it but after a while that lagging moto blurr interface will get to you and you'll want to change it. Stick with the X. The user base and developer community is outstanding. Do a little research, learn the lingo, turn your droid x into the powerhouse it can be. Overclock it to 1.2 ghz or higher after rooting. Some people can even achieve 1.45 ghz without problems.

Based on the fact your 15 and keep reiterating that you want a keyboard I'm assuming all you want to do it text people, thus go with the global, it's more kid-friendly...leave the advanced devices to us adults. ;-P

Sent from my DROIDX

Well I had the enV2 b4...idk ill have look on saturday and decide.

bvjens31

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Totally agree...gotta at least root so you can get motoblur apps renamed

draexo

Reaction score
My wife has an X. Bigger screen. No keyboard. I have the Droid 2 G. smaller screen... but I was sold on keyboard. If there was an X with a physical keyboard I would have gotten that.

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score
My wife has an X. Bigger screen. No keyboard. I have the Droid 2 G. smaller screen... but I was sold on keyboard. If there was an X with a physical keyboard I would have gotten that.

so do you like the droid 2 global or the droid x better? I still cannot decide on the :motdroidhoriz: 2g or the :motdroidhoriz: x

silver6054

Reaction score

so do you like the droid 2 global or the droid x better? I still cannot decide on the :motdroidhoriz: 2g or the :motdroidhoriz: x
I'm not sure what more you want! As others have said, it is largely a matter of personal preference. Now if everyone here was saying "Don't get the [whichever] because it has these 10 horrible problems" then you would know, but now you are asking the preferences of people you don't know and therefore can't really evaluate the advice!

Droid X: Big screen, more modding by the community
Droid 2 Global: Keyboard, higher clock speed (but the X can be overclocked). And of course GSM but you don't plan to use that.

You decide by trying out the D2G since you already know the X.

dxgeek35

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

What do you mean leave the advanced devices to the adults? I'm 15 and probly know the same or more than most adults

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

What do you mean leave the advanced devices to the adults? I'm 15 and probly know the same or more than most adults

Do you wish you got the d2g?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ive had the d2g about a month and love it. Only complaint I have is the lack of roms and the battery life. This is my first "smartphone" and first thing I did when I got it was start customizing it. Im 18 and use my phone as a mp3 player between/during class and still get about 10 hrs battery with fission, setcpu, and juice defender. However, this is after coming from an Alias that I only had to charge about every other day even with heavy use.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
My $0.02 is keep the DX. Way more things you can currently do with it. I was like you, I was opposed to non-hardware keyboard phones. My DX is the first phone I've owned with only a touchscreen keyboard. I'm hooked now. Besides, turn the DX to the side and the keyboard is just as large or larger than most keyboard on any phone.

DX on rubiX Focused 1.9.7 / GB Blue / 1.45GHz SULV via DF app

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
I wish I could trade you my D2G for your DX. SwiftKey's predictive text is so good I'd be fine with the DX. Way more ROMs for the DX!

draexo

Reaction score

I chose to get the Droid 2. Verizon stopped selling them so I ended up with the Droid 2 Global. My SOLE decision on getting this phone was the physical keyboard.

Now, I have access to my wife's X. I do not like the size... a hair too large to stuff in my pocket all day long. Whereas she has a pocketbook and a car dash mount, I put my in my pocket.

There are few Android phones with the physical keyboard. If there was not an option for physical keyboard, I would have looked at the HTC Incredible or the Samsung Fascinate in addition to the Droid X.

I am understanding now that the HTC is very modifiable, and being someone who likes to "tinker" I might lean towards that phone if something happened and I had to replace my current phone.

Battery life: With WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth OFF, and turning on just the CDMA network, I make it through a day. I purchased the extended battery and now I definately make it through a day.