Should I keep my DROID X or trade it for a DROID 2 Global?

Zackbushy

Reaction score
I have 9 days to decide whether or not I should trade my DROID X in for a DROID 2 Global...i really want a keyboard but I hear battery life is really bad. Help me decide please!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
What is your preference on rooting and running roms? Droid X has a pretty decent amount of roms available to choose from while the D2G only has one rom to choose from.

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score
I dont use any roms though. Should I get it? Im so frustrated on deciding which one too get..

bvjens31

Reaction score
I love my new D2G

They revamped quite a few things with the D2G. Most noticeably is the re-designed slideout qwerty and the 1.2GHz proc. But, like the X, it comes loaded with bloatware, but it's pretty easy to rename all the bloatware apk's using ADB to get rid of it. I've done that on my D2G after rooting it and the battery seems to be holding up pretty well so far. I also like the built-in Task Manager that you can use to auto-kill any application when the screen times out. I think that will help as far as battery goes. I do think the X is kinda cool, but it's too big for my liking, and not having a hardware keyboard kinda stinks too.

GO WITH 2!! :)

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score
Well Im not going to root or install any roms or anything like that. So if I do get it and dont install anything like that, any advice to save battery life because thats the only thing I am concerned about

bvjens31

Reaction score
Well from what I hear, just rooting is pretty safe to do and it's very easy to remove. But I understand, it can be a slippery slope :)

Even without rooting, the D2G will still allow you to use the built-in Task Manager app to auto-end any apps you want for when the screen times out. I have quite a few added to my list, as 90% of the apps I have don't need to be running when my screen is off. There are a few exceptions though, like email and messaging services, and some other things. Also helps to disabled facebook/twitter notifications and just have them update whenever you open the application. There is probably some hope for the D2G battery life without rooting, but I still think a lot of those Motoblur apps are pure junk and will suck a little life out of the phone. But you could always add those apps to the auto-end list in Task Manager.

dancedroid

IslesFan

Reaction score
Well Im not going to root or install any roms or anything like that. So if I do get it and dont install anything like that, any advice to save battery life because thats the only thing I am concerned about

are you planning on traveling internationally at all?

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score
No..im only 15 lol

OP
Z

Zackbushy

Reaction score
But I really want a keyboard...anyone else help?