several problems with my GN including WiFi, Calendars, FB Contacts

mtpeke

Reaction score
So far I can not get the following to work on my phone...any suggestions?

1) FB contacts not in my contact file (I see this is an issue for others as well)
2) WiFi not working. Phone is less than 2 feet from Wifi unit in my home but it says my signal strength is poor??? I do not have a case on my phone yet. This is pretty important as my internet is only 1x at my home as I live in the mountains
3) My calendar doesn't sink with Yahoo calendars (my ipad and my OG droid did it just fine)
4) Sound is really really quiet. Even with the sound turned all the way up I couldn't hear my phone ring in a retail store.

Suggestions??

sound is quiet for everyone, i think. not sure if they will fix that with the new update.
there is a workaround for FB contact sync. download Friendcaster from the Market then sync with that account via your settings menu. only takes a few minutes.
i dont use yahoo calendars. sorry
i will try and look for something regarding wifi problems. i have wifi at home and my GN works great with it. good luck to you.

As far as the FB contact syncing, I was baffled by this as well, uninstalled facebook and reinstalled, still no sync. Then I read this from a PCmag.com comparison on the RAZr and the Nexus:

Older phones have much better Facebook integration, including combining your Facebook contacts into your address book. That feature is sure to come in future ICS phones, though it may skip the Nexus. Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

So for whatever reason, and even thought it lists FB in the accounts to sync, Samsung/Google chose not to allow the Gnex to sync contacts with FB. And according the PC mag review it may skip the Nexus.

Ill try Friendcaster and see if it helps.

Reboot your router and cable/dsl modem. From time to time they need it.

I don't use facebook.

The sound varies based on what is playing. I played a youtube video that was really quiet and I was very disappointed, then played another one and the volume was fine. My brother just called and the sound was so loud it startled me.

ICS doesn't seem to like yahoo and FB I guess the are trying to force us to use google plus, all of my friends are still on FB. I'll try resetting the router though 3 lap tops, my droid and my iPad is having no issue connecting. Should I call Verizon to see if this is a defective unit?

+1 on syncmypix. low resolution on the pix, but it works

Back