Setting up & troubleshooting email accounts

GotnFX

Reaction score
I've got a yahoo account and when I go try and hit view html version of the email..I get an error that say try refreshing...then get the same error. I dont think I changed any settings.
It used to work.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
I've got a yahoo account and when I go try and hit view html version of the email..I get an error that say try refreshing...then get the same error. I dont think I changed any settings.
It used to work.

I don't use yahoo email so I'm just going to list a few things I've read from others that may or may not make sense or work. I can't help troubleshoot that part of it, only pass it on fwiw.

Beyond that you can try the Yahoo Mail Help page or contacting yahoo support be your best bet as this is not a Razr only issue.

These are things I read have helped.
  1. Clear cache in the app
  2. Remove/add account
  3. Go to settings, send & receive and unchecked automatic download.
  4. Add a new account -> manual setup using yahoo's published imap settings. (See here)
If you find something that works, be sure to post back because that will help others. Good luck!

GotnFX

Reaction score
I actually been logged in using the browser for awhile now.. Was getting alot of alerts and a purple flashing light whenever I received a new email when using the yahoo email app and I couldnt get rid of it no matter what I tried.. so I uninstalled it. I actually logged off and cleared cache, and logged back in again and viola...all good.:).

GotnFX

Reaction score
SallyC said:
Great! Thanks for posting back!

Not a problem! Always great to see everyone on here helping each other out!

BTW..when do you sleep..it seems I see you pop up on different times of the day (and night) helping someone in need...lol.
Glad the forum has folks like you and Sydman to lend a helping hand..:) Thanks again!

navigator

Reaction score
Had a Razr MAXX go bad...Verizon provided a new one and I switched the cards. All is working well, except my Gmail pic. The pic is one I used two years ago and is resident on my phone. I want to change it but cannot for some reason.

1. Went to Gmail settings on PC and changed to a new pic. Pic stayed the same on my phone.
2. Went to phone...people...contacts to display.
-Change to "Google" ....My email does not even show in the list?
-Change to "all contacts" my new picture displays along with my email
-Change to "Backup assistant plus" my new picture displays with my email.

3. Bottom line is the old picture...is the one people see when I send out an email. Why? I do suspect this has something to do with Google+ which I do not use.

thanks in advance.