setting up email challenges

pickpatrick

Reaction score
Having been a BB user for 10 ish years it has been a challenge making this transition. I am having mega problems with setting up email accounts. In particular I keep getting the error "INVALID CREDENTIALS" when I am setting a a gmail account that has been in existence since the start of gmail.

After i have successfully set up 4 comcast accounts -- test emails only make it to the droid for two accounts -- I am perplexed!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:
OP
P

pickpatrick

Reaction score
Having been a BB user for 10 ish years it has been a challenge making this transition. I am having mega problems with setting up email accounts. In particular I keep getting the error "INVALID CREDENTIALS" when I am setting a a gmail account that has been in existence since the start of gmail.

After i have successfully set up 4 comcast accounts -- test emails only make it to the droid for two accounts -- I am perplexed!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Well after talking with the tech folks this morning its seems that there are issues with multiple email accounts-contrary to what is advertised. A December OS upgrade should address all my issues - However since I need mutiple functioning email accounts, the Razr is going back!

Agrajag

Reaction score
For me the issue is some soft of change that was made in the OS. On my OG Droid I had two Gmail accounts. One's personal and the other is work. Used to work just fine. Now they also both work except that suddenly the RAZR sees the work account as some sort of full Google-like account. The annoyance is a simple one: Every time I get a notification that there's app updates I get two notifications--one for each "account". It's driving me nuts.

OP
P

pickpatrick

Reaction score
For me the issue is some soft of change that was made in the OS. On my OG Droid I had two Gmail accounts. One's personal and the other is work. Used to work just fine. Now they also both work except that suddenly the RAZR sees the work account as some sort of full Google-like account. The annoyance is a simple one: Every time I get a notification that there's app updates I get two notifications--one for each "account". It's driving me nuts.

Good luck guy! Been around way too long to be driven nuts by smartphones......I'm back on my old blackberry until Verizon gets the 4g one. I use the device way to much to be annoyed. I will say however that there were features on the Razr that I liked --the phone is a good one.