Seprate Phone and Notification sound volume

JKZ

Reaction score
The only thing you can do for now is set the notification to silent and still have the ringer on. You just have to go into the sound menu under settings and set the notification sound to "silent ".

That way, it is always silent no matter what your volume is set at for both of them. It's the only way to have a little control over them for now. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm on call all the time and my friends and family know not to bother me in the middle of the night unless it's important, so I don't mind the text notifications at night since it will only come from work.
However, I don't want to get notified of emails.

I had tasker set to silence notifications but of course that no longer works. So now I have tasker turn off auto sync. That way I can still get paged and called but no email alert.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I'm on call all the time and my friends and family know not to bother me in the middle of the night unless it's important, so I don't mind the text notifications at night since it will only come from work.
However, I don't want to get notified of emails.

I had tasker set to silence notifications but of course that no longer works. So now I have tasker turn off auto sync. That way I can still get paged and called but no email alert.

Can't you just turn off your email syncing at night... i do it with one click in my power bar, or whatever that thing is called with the 5 buttons for blue tooth, wifi, screen brightness, sync etc.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Can't you just turn off your email syncing at night... i do it with one click in my power bar, or whatever that thing is called with the 5 buttons for blue tooth, wifi, screen brightness, sync etc.

I have tasker turn off auto syncing at night. Having profiles do it for me means I don't have to remember to turn it off every night and back on every morning.

I also have tasker turn off gps and set the phone to vibrate when I go to work and turn it back on when I leave.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I have tasker turn off auto syncing at night. Having profiles do it for me means I don't have to remember to turn it off every night and back on every morning.

I also have tasker turn off gps and set the phone to vibrate when I go to work and turn it back on when I leave.
Oops, I missed that part.

nubby

Reaction score
I was looking for a vibrate toggle in another section and someone suggested this:

Today 12:15 AM

Beautifully. You can create widgets for any kind of profile too and then group them on a home screen. It lets you adjust all volumes too.

I created a profile called bed which mutes everything except phone calls. And also made a vibrate only and a loud profile for vib and ring.

I cannot find it in the market though...

pool_shark

Reaction score
Just tried quick settings. I turned the notification volume all the way down, then sent myself a text message and heard it lound and clear.
Do you all test these things before recommending them?

TechJPC

Reaction score
Just tried quick settings. I turned the notification volume all the way down, then sent myself a text message and heard it lound and clear.
Do you all test these things before recommending them?
You're right , my bad. I just assumed it worked in ICS but never tested it.:blink:

pool_shark

Reaction score
You're right , my bad. I just assumed it worked in ICS but never tested it.:blink:

The problem is that the ringer and notification button in ICS are the same, that is why these apps that previously worked on other android OS no longer work.

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
Hi all,

This has been bugging me since moving to ICS also, so I wrote an app to work around it! I just published it today.

Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brianhislop.icsringervolume

It's still a work in progress, but it's fully functional and gives (I believe) a good solution to this issue!

Cheers,

Slopppy.

…when I’m “on call” I get text alerts so I don’t want calls just sms because I get east coast time zone junk calls early in morning.

When you get this I’m very interested!!

* Implement same functionality for SMSs

slopppy

Reaction score
…when I’m “on call” I get text alerts so I don’t want calls just sms because I get east coast time zone junk calls early in morning.

When you get this I’m very interested!!

* Implement same functionality for SMSs

Happy to advise that version 1.1 is now on the market with SMS support :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brianhislop.icsringervolume

@captdroid I heard that bit of news also ... much preferable to have it baked into the OS. This is just my workaround to fill the void! haha

captdroid

Reaction score