Seprate Phone and Notification sound volume

ccgustavus

Reaction score
Hi, I looked for a way to do this but couldn't find it. With all the other droids / android phones I've had, there was away in sounds to separate the ringtone and notification volumes. I like to silence my notifications at night, but still let the phone ring. With the Galaxy Nexus I have not found away to do that. Anyone have any tips?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Volume control is a great app that lets you seperate the two. It also has a volume toggle widget and gives you the ability to lock the volume in place in case you accidently hit the side button.

OP
C

ccgustavus

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies...I tried all three of your suggestions, but ringtone and notification always move the same. Any other thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
Sorry, i was on the wrong thread. volume+ is great for boosting bass and volume for speaker. but to get separate notification for ring vs sms you need a profile manager. i use 'quick profiles' you can set a 'nighttime' profile to turn off notifications but leave ring on. i bought the pro for like $2 so i can change my icons. after you install add the 'widget' (really just an icon) to your home page for easy changing.

tyseft163

Reaction score
this from AudiManager developer tech support:

Smart Android [email protected]
Dec 20 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

In ICS they removed the ability to set the two differently and they are always tied together. Check out the sound settings from the system settings app and you will see there is no option to split them anymore. Furthermore if we try to set what use to be that option behind the seen it does not have any effect like it use to. So there is no way at this time to split them in ICS. Sorry.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've been telling people this from day one, but everyone keeps recommending apps without trying those apps on ICS.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Quick Profiles does work in ICS

Sure the app works but it doesn't turn off the notifications while leaving the ringer volume up.
Look in the sound setting, ringer and notification have the same button, they can't have separate volumes.

Set it up for yourself, then send yourself a text.

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
Man that stinks! I just went thru my tests and they failed. I apologize for any confusion and stand corrected.

dwg3333

Reaction score
Please fix this ASAP. Why would they take that option out? I am starting to miss my DX. Come on!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Nick D

Reaction score
This is crazy that they are not separate. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk