Send Contacts via Bluetooth to your Car Navigator

garboy

Reaction score
I just switched from the Blackberry Storm where I could send my contacts from my phone, via Bluetooth, to the navigation system in my Lexus that has a phone directory. That way, I could always have an updated directory in my car system for easier hands-free calling.

I have not been able to find a way to the that with my Motorola/Verizon Droid. Has anyone else had that problem. Has anyone found a workaround?

upaul

Reaction score
Same problem with my 2008 Prius. Had to load contacts from my old phone. I can't believe that this is such a problem. The iphone works perfectly transferring contacts.

juliem

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my 2006 Prius--if anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it.

theascended

Reaction score
Bluetooth file transfer. One of my favorite apps.

barcode.aspx

juliem

Reaction score
Thanks theascended; I installed this app earlier, but no luck. I've got the .vcf file on my SD card, and the app finds my car, but then the connection is refused. I made the BT on the phone discoverable, but that didn't make any difference. Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Dream

Reaction score
I'm interested as well. I'm using a Pioneer AVIC D3. I can get the phone to connect 1 out of 3 times, the other 2 the phone just resets.

theascended

Reaction score
I've noticed the Droid has some interesting quirks with pairing. For some reason, when you use the phone to pair to something else, it tries to use a bunch of default passwords and then fails (since most intelligent devices now bring up a prompt for you to enter in your own password - hell, my old dumb phone let me!). See if you can get the car to initiate pairing, then you should be able to use the bluetooth file transfer app.

juliem

Reaction score
I've noticed the Droid has some interesting quirks with pairing. For some reason, when you use the phone to pair to something else, it tries to use a bunch of default passwords and then fails (since most intelligent devices now bring up a prompt for you to enter in your own password - hell, my old dumb phone let me!). See if you can get the car to initiate pairing, then you should be able to use the bluetooth file transfer app.

The phone and the car are already paired up for calls, but I can't get the car to accept the connection for the contact transfer. So strange.

I was just looking at the document of fixes for the 12/11 release, and is does mention a problem with sending contacts via BT. So unless this app starts magically working, I'll plan to wait till mid December to transfer my contacts.

equake

Reaction score
Experiencing the same problem with a 2010 Prius

Drukan

Reaction score
LMAO.... SO by owning a droid.. i just catagorized myself with all u eco friendly (meeeep meeeep immmmmmm gay) Pruis drivers?

Couldnt help myself ...

Me n my Gas guzzler will try not to run you guys over anymore... bein as your part of the IN crowd.. (ie droid users):icon_ banana::icon_ devil:

bluedust

Reaction score
LMAO.... SO by owning a droid.. i just catagorized myself with all u eco friendly (meeeep meeeep immmmmmm gay) Pruis drivers?

Couldnt help myself ...

Me n my Gas guzzler will try not to run you guys over anymore... bein as your part of the IN crowd.. (ie droid users):icon_ banana::icon_ devil:

I just woke up and yet I've already read the stupidest thing I could today.

juliem

Reaction score

Couldnt help myself ...

Me n my Gas guzzler will try not to run you guys over anymore... bein as your part of the IN crowd.. (ie droid users)

I just woke up and yet I've already read the stupidest thing I could today.

its a troll. not worth your effort. even if you were to point out the pathetic homophobic nature and mispelled words.

juliem

Reaction score
FYI--I finally updated to the most recent version of BFT, and it's working great--I was able to transfer contacts without any issues.

lewistpa

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid and I'm trying to download my contacts to my Infiniti. I tried the bluetooth transfer app. The car started the download and then stopped. How did you make it work?