[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

ezMesican

Reaction score
Okay, I have a question about this ROM. My Droid 3 is flashed to MetroPCS, so whenever I flash a new ROM, I have to pay someone to have it reflashed, since the network settings get wiped. Now, if I flashed this, when a new version comes out, do I have to wipe? If not, then I might just flash this now cause it looks very cool. It would be a lot easier for me if I just knew how to use CDMA workshop.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Okay, I have a question about this ROM. My Droid 3 is flashed to MetroPCS, so whenever I flash a new ROM, I have to pay someone to have it reflashed, since the network settings get wiped. Now, if I flashed this, when a new version comes out, do I have to wipe? If not, then I might just flash this now cause it looks very cool. It would be a lot easier for me if I just knew how to use CDMA workshop.

In your case I would wait. Hashcode is "trying things out" during the Alpha builds and recommends Factory Reset/Wipes between builds as he sometimes changes some of the core aspects of the ROM.

Either wait until it hits BETA or just be prepared to wipe each time an update comes out.

RJVecchio

Reaction score
That sux, for Verizon all you have to do is dial *228 to reprogram the carrier info, which you don't have to do at all when switching ROMs. I would seriously wait until a stable version come out, unless it's mere pennies that you have to pay. Really, don't even mess around with the beta version when it comes out.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

collinjm01

Reaction score
Usb

I cant connect usb to transfer files, i click on Media Device (MTP) and it force closes and ive tried turning usb debugging on/off neither work.
any ideas on what to do?

thomashedd

Reaction score
So you go from safe to non-safe, then back to safe and it doesn't reload?

Can you confirm it working with another ROM? I didn't think it wrote from safe mode, only non-safe.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Yes to the first part, it just plays the intro nexus video (I left it for about 15mins) and doesn't boot. And what do you mean wrote?

shinobi13

Reaction score
I cant connect usb to transfer files, i click on Media Device (MTP) and it force closes and ive tried turning usb debugging on/off neither work.
any ideas on what to do?

This is a know issue as the rom is alpha still. No one can transfer files this way. Either plug you sd card into your computer or use root browser or another file manager like the one in rom toolbox to transfer files.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dustyjerran

Reaction score
This is a know issue as the rom is alpha still. No one can transfer files this way. Either plug you sd card into your computer or use root browser or another file manager like the one in rom toolbox to transfer files.

There is a program that u can download and transfer files to ur phone but it only work for external sd card I poasted the link a few pages back

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

iamkevski

Reaction score
So far I've been pretty happy with this Rom, but I have one issue I can't figure out.... Whenever the phone reboots, powers off, etc, and it boots up again, it always boots into recovery. If I select "Reboot" from recovery, it boots into ICS, but if it ever reboots from ICS, it goes back into recovery always. Is there any way I can do something to fix this? I've wiped data and cache already (not dalvik though). Suggestions? Thanks!

RJVecchio

Reaction score
Me Too

20 bucks for someone to fix bluetooth codec to work with my jawbone era. Ics alpha #4 d3 still crappy. I messed up bluetooth settings pretty bad thank god for safe strap. Got next couple days off so maby ill find something out. But seriously hash 20 bucks to fix it,, ;) thanks for all you do. It takes up so much time editing.. uhhh I cant sleep with this bluetooth file in my head..

I'll double that offer if it also works with my Jaybird Bluetooth headphones. Hmn... could there be a way to mod the Bluetooth radio to transmit media audio over the phone functions so that you could use Bluetooth devices that are only meant to make/receive calls also listen to music? Then people could buy those cheap $15.00 headsets and use them as wireless headphones.

iamkevski

Reaction score
exchnge calendar

Just posted this on hashcode's bug tracker but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue:

My exchange calaendar (exchange 2010) won't sync at all. My email and contacts show up perfectly and push is working great, but the calendar app doesn't show my corporate calendar at all in the options or on the calendar grid. When i go to "calendars to sync" it is listed but when I click on it, it says "no calendar"

Anyone else seen this?

dustyjerran

Reaction score
Just posted this on hashcode's bug tracker but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue:

My exchange calaendar (exchange 2010) won't sync at all. My email and contacts show up perfectly and push is working great, but the calendar app doesn't show my corporate calendar at all in the options or on the calendar grid. When i go to "calendars to sync" it is listed but when I click on it, it says "no calendar"

Anyone else seen this?

Ya i have too

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
So I was wondering is sdcard the internal memory or is sdcard-ext? I ask because normally it is sdcard. It looks like everything here is going to sdcard-ext. Thanks for the help

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk