[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

WarsDarksider

Reaction score
Hey guys ! Thanks for all the hard work. Been running it for a solid couple months.

Two questions:

Is it possible to remove the slide the keyboard to unlock and/or make it so I can turn the screen or "wake" the phone by a key on the keyboard.

Also, how can I fix this pesky ALT lock I get sometimes on the hard keyboard?

It seems like you have to hit "b" to wake the screen (maybe for "backlight"?).

My issues are mainly with battery life. I had AOKP a month or so back, but I went back to stock because of battery life. Stock battery, i'd last a day and a half, maybe 2 days with normal use. With AOKP I can't even make it through the day without putting it on the charger.

When I first loaded the ROM it wouldnt even charge, then "facepalm", didnt reset battery stats and clear dalvick cache. So I did that and it started charging again. But still, garbage battery life.

Can anything be done?

nka

Reaction score
Bluetooth still not working?

Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

Has this issue been fixed? Also is anyone else having GPS issues? I did not see this on the latest Changelog?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
It seems like you have to hit "b" to wake the screen (maybe for "backlight"?).

My issues are mainly with battery life. I had AOKP a month or so back, but I went back to stock because of battery life. Stock battery, i'd last a day and a half, maybe 2 days with normal use. With AOKP I can't even make it through the day without putting it on the charger.

When I first loaded the ROM it wouldnt even charge, then "facepalm", didnt reset battery stats and clear dalvick cache. So I did that and it started charging again. But still, garbage battery life.

Can anything be done?

I would address AOKP battery life on that thread. As for the CM9 build, battery life is pretty good for me at least.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
What about the loss of audio?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I don't recall having experienced any. I did get the keyboard issue that is fixed by the search button though. This has been my daily driver since discovering that the GPS worked faithfully, but the last build gave me problems with incomming calls going to email so I'm back on stock for a bit and reevaluating whether to stay there or give another build a run. Hash and crew do a great job but lets face it, this phone is headed toward a life as a door stop in the long run. Hash has gotten wrapped-up with other builds and this ROM hasn't advanced at a good enough pace for me. Still, it is flat out the best ROM for this phone.

Last edited:

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I don't recall having experienced any. I did get the keyboard issue that is fixed by the search button though. This has been my daily driver since discovering that the GPS worked faithfully, but the last build gave me problems with incomming calls going to email so I'm back on stock for a bit and reevaluating whether to stay there or give another build a run. Hash and crew do a great job but lets face it, this phone is headed toward a life as a door stop in the long run. Hash has gotten wrapped-up with other builds and this ROM hasn't advanced at a good enough pace for me. Still, it is flat out the best ROM for this phone.

Mining Hash's tweets for hope... Seems the Kexec Kernel could bring epic happiness.

James1795

Reaction score
sandy or ivy?

Hash do you run ivy or sandy? How much ram do you have? Just find it hard to believe that it takes that long to compile code with that hardware. Have you upgraded to the latest ubuntu?

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Hash do you run ivy or sandy? How much ram do you have? Just find it hard to believe that it takes that long to compile code with that hardware. Have you upgraded to the latest ubuntu?

Ah.. I think you're referring to my 24 hour code compile tweet?

I had joked that one way I make home life as a father and husband work was to program in my head sometimes..

So the responding question was:
How long does it take to compile android..

To which I jokingly replied: 24 hours

In reality, I get clobber builds in around 20mins.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

greekgreg

Reaction score
CM9 or Selfkang ROM

Hi,

I cannot seem to find a link to download your ROM that is functioning. Can you help me? Thank you!

LTsmooth42

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot seem to find a link to download your ROM that is functioning. Can you help me? Thank you!

The domain that they were using expired. The link is broken for me as well :( Can anyone provide an updated link?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
from Hashcode's Twitter feed --> rombot.us.to/ROMs/