[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [NIGHTLIES]

krazyace38

Reaction score
I have not yet. I thought you had to have 100% to do that, and right now, even while charging its going down steadily. Since my last message it has been on the charger and has gone DOWN 3%. Almost like my battery has lost the will to live.....

Have u tried a reboot sometimes that will solve some issues if it doesn't then go ahead and clear battery stats if that doesn't work u will have to try a re-flash

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

WarsDarksider

Reaction score
Yes I've rebooted and reflashed. I will would try flashing todays nightly (but now I am only at 28% and I've heard thats not good to do a flash so low). I'll do a battery stat clear and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks for the help!

krazyace38

Reaction score
Yes I've rebooted and reflashed. I will would try flashing todays nightly (but now I am only at 28% and I've heard thats not good to do a flash so low). I'll do a battery stat clear and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks for the help!

Please don't flash at 28% if u have a backup of your other rom re install it and let your phone charge to full then flash the new nightly

WarsDarksider

Reaction score
Clearing my stats has already seemed to help. It has already gone up 2%. Thank you for the clarification. As I said I was under the assumption it had to be done with a full battery. I'm looking forward to a few other tweaks, I would really like my swipe keyboard back (it was standard in Liberty), and also there needs to be a "disable enter key as send" option. Quick texting using the physical keyboard has resulted in many clumsy half messages!

Thanks again for your help!!!!

krazyace38

Reaction score
Go into your settings and go to battery and see what it says your battery is but to let u know hashcode submitted a fix for battery in the new nightly build 3/15/2012

krazyace38

Reaction score
Clearing my stats has already seemed to help. It has already gone up 2%. Thank you for the clarification. As I said I was under the assumption it had to be done with a full battery. I'm looking forward to a few other tweaks, I would really like my swipe keyboard back (it was standard in Liberty), and also there needs to be a "disable enter key as send" option. Quick texting using the physical keyboard has resulted in many clumsy half messages!

Thanks again for your help!!!!

That's good glad I could help. Try swiftkey x keyboard I use it. It has swipe

shane1

Reaction score
I tried this rom when it first came out and again last night my only issue is everytime I hit the power button my phone reboots anybody else have this issue?

krazyace38

Reaction score
I tried this rom when it first came out and again last night my only issue is everytime I hit the power button my phone reboots anybody else have this issue?

No issue here with that

GaneshaIX

Reaction score
I'm getting an issue with the camera in general after the 3/11 build. I just flashed the 3/17 and when I go to open the camera all that shows is the camera/camcorder switcher and the shutter button, no viewfinder.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Really excited to get the camcorder working on this. Love the ROM but I need camcorder.

WarsDarksider

Reaction score
Alrighty, so the battery issue seems to be fixed now that I cleared the bat stats. I have not noticed a way to utilize swipe with swift key though. I also have a few issues/suggestions if the devs are reading these.

1. I use a program called Contapps for my contacts/phone handling. When I try to edit a contact it overrides contapps and uses the ROMs contacts handler. The problem I have with this, is that contapps automatically syncs with my facebook friends (and also has the ability to easily sync a contact with a facebook profile), and uses the facebook picture as the contact pic. But I cant choose to use the facebook pic through contapps because I can't access the contapps contact editor. There is also not an option to change that feature.

2. In stock and other ROMs, when the physical keyboard is out, you can press any key to have the screen turn on. I liked that ability and was wondering if that is going to be integrated in this ROM.

3. When using swift key (and most likely any other keyboard app), it CONSTANTLY has a notification for choosing keyboard options, even though I have set them numerous times and through different reboots.

4. It doesnt seem like I can really change my LED color. I ried finding just a regular blue, but it still lights up light purple!

SUGGESTIONS not complaints! I still love this ROM and look forward to new releases!

Also, is it necessary to do full wipes between nightlies?

cwassman

Reaction score
Any word on the street on a timeline for video codec and flash for either aokp or cm9?

Thats really the only thing holding me back from complete solitary use of this fantastic ROM!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ScoobaStv

Reaction score
on screen keyboard issues

for the last couple nightlies, i believe after 3/23, seems like something has killed the on screen keyboard no matter if you use the stock keyboard or with swype. is anyone else having this issue?

krazyace38

Reaction score
for the last couple nightlies, i believe after 3/23, seems like something has killed the on screen keyboard no matter if you use the stock keyboard or with swype. is anyone else having this issue?

Same thing here also no bluetooth it won't even turn on