[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [NIGHTLIES]

metallicamaster3

Reaction score
A couple of things that should be added to the "Doesn't work":

- Bluetooth heads up, since some people have success and many others don't
- Keyboard backlight doesn't work
- Keyboard ALT lock and Caps lock lights don't work

Loving the ROM so far. It's so smooth, fast, lean, and pretty. Can't wait for the HW codecs to get in for hardware acceleration, FFC, and Bluetooth to get fixed, then this ROM would be rock solid and ready for mods (1% battery, custom LED settings, for example)!

Also, has anyone found any other LED color besides the Cyan? Even when setting custom LED color, it doesn't change. EVERY notification on the phone is the same color - Cyan. Thoughts?

svickstc

Reaction score
on AKOP website, is now updated to Build 27, however, there is no D3 download...

Is this because you specifically ported this ROM to the D3 yourself and is not supported by AKOP?

Are you going to keep this ROM up to date for the D3...I know you have a lot on your plate right now...

svickstc

Reaction score
Flashed build 25 for now to be safe, and only thing i wish was backlight keyboard :)

Also in the lockscreen, I cant change the wallpaper it force closes..

Loving this rom, since my text works where as CM9 since the beta releases, my sms has not worked

Is the backlight on the keyboard a setting somewhere by chance?

BusinessTroll

Reaction score
Its being updated and has nightly builds for the D3 on droidhive. Still the same issues though :( (backlight and such) don't think its hashcode doing the awesome port anymore

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Oh, I'm still working on the port as I get time.

I've just been really busy. And, unfortunately only the D3 is affected by the keyboard back light issues so it hasn't gotten much love.

BUT that's about to change. I've completed the Droid 4 port of CM9 and I'm bringing AOKP up as we speak, so that's a 2nd phone with a hard keyboard and it has the same issues which need to be addressed.

1% battery mod went into all builds as of last night.

So hopefully later this week I'll be able to sit down and read through the bug tracker and bang out a bunch of fixes to get AOKP back to it's rightful state of awesomeness.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I say this all the time, but your work has really transformed these OMAP devices, and I for one am greatful.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
In an effort to spend less time uploading and administrating change logs, etc.. we've established nightlies for AOKP!

Included in the nightlies is a change log for deciding if it's the right time to update your build.

Of course with any major updates, I'll try and hit the forums and post it.

So check out the OP with the new information.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Anybody know what todays Nightlies build is, the changelog doesn't show anything with todays date on it

krazyace38

Reaction score
I found this on the AOSP rom post and It works thats just freaking awesome
I found a way around for my bluetooth.. YEAHHHH bluetooth works for me so i have a daily driver. when ever i get on. i click on the bluetooth then turn on. after it is on i click the wifi button. and make call. and crystal clear sound for me.. thanks hash and team

WarsDarksider

Reaction score
Battery Issues

Is anyone else experiencing MAJOR battery issues? I literally watch my battery go down everytime i have it powered up. As of right now, it seems like it doesnt even charge. Yes, i've tried multiple chargers and I also did not have this BAD of battery life with Liberty.

Not ripping on this ROM at all! If I have to buy an extended life battery to have this super smooth completely amazing ROM I WILL! Best looking and smoothest trial of MANY ROMs I have tried over the course of owning my OG Droid 1 and now the 3.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing MAJOR battery issues? I literally watch my battery go down everytime i have it powered up. As of right now, it seems like it doesnt even charge. Yes, i've tried multiple chargers and I also did not have this BAD of battery life with Liberty.

Not ripping on this ROM at all! If I have to buy an extended life battery to have this super smooth completely amazing ROM I WILL! Best looking and smoothest trial of MANY ROMs I have tried over the course of owning my OG Droid 1 and now the 3.

Great battery life for me. Did you clear battery stats

WarsDarksider

Reaction score
I have not yet. I thought you had to have 100% to do that, and right now, even while charging its going down steadily. Since my last message it has been on the charger and has gone DOWN 3%. Almost like my battery has lost the will to live.....