Seidio Innotraveler Car Kit

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I ordered one and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Ill post back in a few days with a review.

Rudy

Reaction score
Mine is sitting on my desk at work. Will post a full review after i put it on and drive home.

wats6831

Reaction score
Having only a windshield mount kills it for me. ProClips I think is the better solution for most applications, if a little more spendy.

Rudy

Reaction score
Having only a windshield mount kills it for me. ProClips I think is the better solution for most applications, if a little more spendy.

It comes with an adhesive pedestal to mount it to your dash too.

Sorry I don't have a full review up yet. Let's just say for now that I absolutely love the thing. My only problem is I have just found out my case back does not have a cutout for the second noise cancellation mic, and I can't use speakerphone.

My other two gripes are actually on the Droid's Car Home. Maybe you guys can help me with these.

1.I wish the droid defaulted to speaker phone when in car mode.
2.I hate that you have to slide the bar up to answer, I dont like the movement. I wish there was a "touch here to answer" when in car mode button.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I actually got this never planning to mount it to my windshield. I mainly wanted it for the integrated charging plug so I could get a plug and play clean install. I am planning on finding a way to mount this directly to my dash without using the whole suction cup swivel mount that it came with.

masterxchief

Reaction score

RJP3579

Reaction score
I received mine a few days ago and used the mount for the first time and the charger that came with it went kaput. I pluged it in the cradle and the led on the front went on and the phone showed it was charging and about 1 minute later the light went out. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the light flickered but went out again and I noticed the plug on the charger was lose in the plastic end. Seems the coiled wire on the charger puts too much stress on the end of the mini usb plug of the charger and something broke inside. Good thing is I called Seidio and they are sending a new charger out and I do no need to return the whole thing first. Hope this fixes the problem. Otherwise, the mount and cradle seems very solid. Phone slides right in and connects to the micro usb connector, not like the desk top cradle where I need to do the slightly forward slant to get it to connect.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Uh oh. I am also having problems with a sketchy power connection. Ill see if I can figure out if it is the dock itself, or just the car adapter.

RJP3579

Reaction score
Uh oh. I am also having problems with a sketchy power connection. Ill see if I can figure out if it is the dock itself, or just the car adapter.
I spoke with their tech support when I called and the gentleman did say they had experienced some problems with the charging cord so I am hoping it is just the charger and not the mini usb port on the cradle.

Murz

Reaction score
Installed mine 2 days ago, everything seems to be working good. No problems with charging so far. The phone slides right into the dock snuggly, the only way I could see the it comming out was if the dock turned completely upside down, still it would prob take some jarring for it to fall out that way.

I only have one question. Was the dock suposed to come with an extra mini-usb cord for charging a second device? Mine dident, but after reading the packing instructions I was confused on if it should or should not have.

RJP3579

Reaction score
Installed mine 2 days ago, everything seems to be working good. No problems with charging so far. The phone slides right into the dock snuggly, the only way I could see the it comming out was if the dock turned completely upside down, still it would prob take some jarring for it to fall out that way.

I only have one question. Was the dock suposed to come with an extra mini-usb cord for charging a second device? Mine dident, but after reading the packing instructions I was confused on if it should or should not have.
I also had that question but under the kit description on their website, it lists that as an optional accessory.

Reks

Reaction score
I spoke with their tech support when I called and the gentleman did say they had experienced some problems with the charging cord so I am hoping it is just the charger and not the mini usb port on the cradle.

Also had this problem not sure if it was the charging cord or the cradle itself.

joker402

Reaction score
it be nice if this thing had a speaker to amplify the speakerphone