Seidio 3500 mAh extended battery is a joke!!

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know. If you are are thinking about going with Seidio 3500 mAh extended battery for your Inc, please don't. After a month with mine I'm completely disappointed. I have charged it many times with a separate charging battery dock, and inside the phone, makes no difference on how long the battery will let my Incredible run. I see about 8 more hours compared to my stock 1300 mAh battery, sure is great, but for a battery with 269% more capacity than my original one is just not right; needles to say, the only accessory the phone fits now is a belt clip since the back cover adds 9 millimeters to the phone; yes they say, 4 to 6 millimeters, but again, its exactly 9 millimeters.........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well, I knew before hand that I was not gonna have a accessory to personalize my Dinc anymore, but the battery life is not as advertised. And I'm a light user btw, I spend about 140 mins talking a month, probably about 3-5 emails a day, a few text messages, FB, etc, not many apps run in the background, I have kill all the vibrating feedback but the heptic one. To make it short, I did not change my usage habits or settings since I started using my Seidio 3500. When I tried to get some answers, the seller at "estocksurplus.com" told me that the Seidio support department told him that the battery is suppose to give me just 3 extra hours and that I was getting better than average results; that cracked me up, lol......Anyways, I still have it, they won't refund my money, because to them the battery is good, so I've been claiming their satisfaction money back guarantee, and the last 3 emails they said that they are getting an address for me to get a refund, lol....an address? what, anyways; I don't feel like fighting them and all that hassle to get my $65 back. So beware. I'll answer any questions you might have about this battery.

Orionalias

Reaction score
i'm hoping others can shed light on their experiences with that battery as i was gearing up to purchase it next week once i get my DI. Bump.

xeruty

Reaction score
I've had the 3500mah Seidio battery and now with a case for several weeks now, all else being equal it lasts two to three times as long as the stock battery. It's gone from charging once or twice a day to charging every other day and that's with all of the radios on all the time. I've had high capacity batteries since I got a Startac, they've all added thickness and weight but they all have done very well. Although any part of anything can be bad when new, it happens all the time.

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
I've had the 3500mah Seidio battery and now with a case for several weeks now, all else being equal it lasts two to three times as long as the stock battery. It's gone from charging once or twice a day to charging every other day and that's with all of the radios on all the time. I've had high capacity batteries since I got a Startac, they've all added thickness and weight but they all have done very well. Although any part of anything can be bad when new, it happens all the time.

Can you post up a link of the case you got on your Inc. I have been looking for one for a while, and all that fits is the belt clip...Thanks.

slinky

Reaction score
No case I've found other than the worthless Seidio one. I got a gel type case and cut the back off so it fits around the battery. Not cosmetically perfect but pretty good, works quite well.

OP
C

Cobraxxx

Reaction score
No case I've found other than the worthless Seidio one. I got a gel type case and cut the back off so it fits around the battery. Not cosmetically perfect but pretty good, works quite well.

Good Idea, I did the same with a plastic one that I bought for $30 but I cut so much that the edged by the charger port split apart after a few days, but I'm gonna give a shot to the gel one, I really liked the dark red edge I had with my old case. Thanks.

mauiblue

Reaction score
I didn't hold out much hope that any extended battery was going to give the kind of service that would keep me satisfied. Especially since many of the apps I use need GPS on and periodic updating. That's all and good as I have access to my AC charger, three batteries (1 OEM and 2 2150 batteries). The 2150 battery normally lasts me about 14-15 hours (and that's with very light Internet and phone usage, email, and texting - some moderate use of certain games) and I'm fine with that. Got my second 2150 battery at a killer price about a week ago (thanks to one of mods on the forum, John). The 3500 battery is just a little more that I would want in size and any way I want to stick with the HTC batteries and cover. What I am really disappointed about with HTC and aftermarket vendors is that they don't have much accessories like docks, drop protection cases (for both standard and extended batteries), better app market, and a better way of updating the firmware. Next time I upgrade from my Incredible, I'm going to see which smartphone will give be a better balance in accessory support and battery performance. But I definitely will stick with an android phone as I just plain don't like Apple and Iphones, period. Aloha and all the best.

xeruty

Reaction score
I have the Seidio case for the 3500 battery, I might try a gel type case with the back cutout. It would be nice if we had more of a choice, I've learned to make do with whatever I can get. I carry the phone in a generic nylon case on my belt it's the third phone that I've used it for.

okokdude

Reaction score
I have the 3500 mha battery and it lasts 2 days and is the reason i kept the phone - the OEM battery life was 5 hrs - cant wait for froyo update

spin303

Reaction score
DINC with 2.1 (where the hell is my FroYo update, Verizon????)

I bought the Seidio 3500mah battery and couldn't be happier with it. The 1300mah stock battery was junk. It lasted maybe 6 hours with medium to low phone use. With the 3500, I end the day with more than 75% battery. I keep the GPS on, occasionally turn on Wi-fi (when at work and home), and play a few games throughout the day.

Remember: The DINC battery trick/issue (charge to 100%, unplug the phone, turn the phone off, plug back in for about 30 minutes untill the green light appears) still applies with the new battery. If the trick is performed, your phone battery can last for at least 2 days with medium-to-heavy use.

slinky

Reaction score
The 3500 battery is just a little more that I would want in size and any way I want to stick with the HTC batteries and cover. What I am really disappointed about with HTC and aftermarket vendors is that they don't have much accessories like docks, drop protection cases (for both standard and extended batteries), better app market, and a better way of updating the firmware. Next time I upgrade from my Incredible, I'm going to see which smartphone will give be a better balance in accessory support and battery performance. But I definitely will stick with an android phone as I just plain don't like Apple and Iphones, period. Aloha and all the best.

Supposedly the 3500 is about 1mm thicker than the 2100 battery, which is why I went for the 3500. It makes it about as thick as the Droid 2 with a case on it. The HTC phone itself is much, much better than the Moto system, IMHO, and I'll take that over accessories any day.

mauiblue

Reaction score
The 3500 battery is just a little more that I would want in size and any way I want to stick with the HTC batteries and cover. What I am really disappointed about with HTC and aftermarket vendors is that they don't have much accessories like docks, drop protection cases (for both standard and extended batteries), better app market, and a better way of updating the firmware. Next time I upgrade from my Incredible, I'm going to see which smartphone will give be a better balance in accessory support and battery performance. But I definitely will stick with an android phone as I just plain don't like Apple and Iphones, period. Aloha and all the best.

Supposedly the 3500 is about 1mm thicker than the 2100 battery, which is why I went for the 3500. It makes it about as thick as the Droid 2 with a case on it. The HTC phone itself is much, much better than the Moto system, IMHO, and I'll take that over accessories any day.

Well for me, I like to have a balance between accessories and optional battery capacities. To me, if I get one of the largest extended batteries on the market that would ultimately add to the weight/mass of the phone so ideally I would want a good drop protection case for it as when gravity takes over and prevails, BAM!, there is a greater possiblity it is game over for the phone. If I do a lot of traveling, I would want a good car docking system that would be convenient and designed well. If I spend a lot of time at the office desk, I would like a nice desk dock which I could also use at home or abroad when on the road at hotels.

Sure having a high cap battery appeals to some. But I also like to enjoy other facets of my phone as it is warranted and having a nice array of accessories really helps. In any case I still have my two chargers (OEM and the Seidio wall charge which I just got in) to help out in keeping my batteries charged and on the go as no matter how large capacity my battery is I still will need to charge it sooner or later.

Mi dos centavos. Aloha and all the best.

funkpod

Reaction score
so mauiblue, are you saying that you have a 2150, or a normal sized battery?

egobuster1

Reaction score
i would love this battery but i had the big extended battery for my blackberry back in the day and it drove me crazy so i think im gonna get the 2100