seidio 1750 mah battery misstated capacity

tech94

Reaction score
i just downloaded a free app from the market called smart monitor. its a free trial. basically it monitors various things on our phones. of note, the app reads the seidio battery (rated by them as 1750mah capacity)as having only a 1300mah capacity. i havent tried it with any other batteries besides the seidio battery and the OEM 1300 capacity one. i would like to know if anyone else has same capacity reading using a seidio or any other after market battery.. i was interested in getting a mugen power 1800mah battery but afraid to throw away another $40 on a battery thats no better as far as capacity as my oem and overrated seidio. this seems to me to be robbery, i paid for a product that i thought was 1750mah, and received something no better than what i already had from the OEM...shady business practice if this is infact true

Last edited:
OP
T

tech94

Reaction score
yea, but its way off. its supposed to be an extended battery at its no better than the oem. same capacity different packaging

kmo

Reaction score
Call Seidio..... see what they say. How accurate is that app you downloaded? Are you sure it's giving a correct read out?

OP
T

tech94

Reaction score
not sure how accurate it is. the other indicators it has seem pretty accurate as far as system memory avail, battery % avail, battery temp. have no basis for comparison other than the OEM (1300) and the alleged 1750 which it reads as 1300mah as well.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I am a Moto Droid owner and this phone never reads the battery my Seidio extended battery correctly. Other Droid users can attest to this. I use a free app called Battery Left and I have learned to go by the batteries mV reading as opposed to percentage of battery capacity left. Try it, I thin you'll like it.

chartle

Reaction score
Does the app support the bigger battery or does it just assume that the battery starts out at 1300 mah?

biggator

Reaction score
I got the 1750 - and the battery life is NOTICEABLY better.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Does the app support the bigger battery or does it just assume that the battery starts out at 1300 mah?

My wife has the HTC Eris with the 3500mah battery and this app reads her battery fine. The app says that her battery has 65 hours of life of a full charge.

wuliwong

Reaction score
yea, but its way off. its supposed to be an extended battery at its no better than the oem. same capacity different packaging

Why would you assume that the application you are using is correct and the battery is labeled incorrectly? I would actually assume the opposite. Doesn't it seem fishy that the app is reporting an identical rating for both batteries? I'm sure there are very stringent regulations in the United States for labeling batteries, while the Android Marketplace has zero oversight, as we all know.

In addition, if Seido was perpetrating this fraud, there would be lawsuits. Seido would stand to lose a lot of money. And what about all the anecdotal evidence from users posted online (even on this very forum!) stating that they are seeing significant improvement using Seido's battery?

I would guess that you will see about a 1/3 better performance out of your new Seido battery, once you close down this monitoring app.

:icon_eek:

rsarno

Reaction score
there is already a huge thread on this, some dude took the battery apart and found the product ID matched that of a smaller capacity battery

search for it i bet its similar results.

Either way, if the battery extends the life of the phone, i dont care what the numbers read tbh

nhjumper

Reaction score
I had the 1750, from what i could see it extended the standby life longer
not by much, hard to say if it actually was better than my OEM
it might have extended it by about an hour extra, at about 20% IT looses charge fast

Its not worth the money

I got the 3500 seidio, WORTH IT!!!!!
last all day of heavy use and still some left over
and if you carefully cut the hard rubber case around the extended part of cover
it still fits tight and great