Security Lock Timer is Missing

cyrus0004

Reaction score
Security lock timer option is missing when I go into Settings, Location and Security. Since I am connected to a corporate email sync it requires a PIN or password but without the timer option every time the screen goes off it locks. Very annoying to have to enter the PIN every time. Does anyone if there is a system file that can be changed? Or is it just something in the framework itself? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

jvward

Reaction score
that functionality is based on the blur lock screen. This rom has an ASOP lockscreen so it does not have the timed lockscreen functionality. sorry man I miss it also :icon_eek:

ahpatel

Reaction score
I'd love a solution for this as well. I'm having a hard time getting used to entering a password every time my screen turns off.

ninjaman23

Reaction score
i would love to try this rom but i cant take puttin my code in everytime ,,, there has to b a fix

ninjaman23

Reaction score
Yes thats a quick solution but kinda annoying it has to be a way around it

pjjanak

Reaction score
I too have now noticed this. For my company I have to enter an 8 character alpha-numeric password, and it's extremely annoying have to do that every time. I may have to switch back to Tranquility if there is no way around this :-/

Peter

mr_brady

Reaction score
I agree - this is a definite needed feature in all ROMs. Or at the very minimum a setting to enable this.

colchiro

Reaction score
So what?

Some are complaining having to enter a pw. Misinterpreted Exchange security is requiring me to enter it every time I wake my phone.

pjjanak

Reaction score
So what?

Some are complaining having to enter a pw. Misinterpreted Exchange security is requiring me to enter it every time I wake my phone.

That is a slightly different problem than what we are facing. We want the option to be able to set a timer. Your Exchange security is being interpreted wrong. The problems are mutually exclusive.

Peter

DJd85

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck fixing this or figuring out a workaround? I also have a password because of a corporate email policy (lotus traveler), and things like the locale plugin for tasker do not override lotus since they both have device admin privileges.

uknowwho

Reaction score
Liberty X ROM - Screen Lock Timer Missing

Would really appreciate if Liberty would update to include the screen lock timer option included as a standard option on default Droid X ROM.

I've searched for a while, downloaded a number of screen unlock apps and none work to bypass the password lock screen when the device admin is activated. I also am using Lotus Notes Traveler and am stuck having to login every time I turn my device on, very annoying.

snot

Reaction score
Bump. I love the Liberty ROM and having a lock pattern, but it is a great option to have the delay.