Still cant set lock timer > 20 Min

damianinpa

Reaction score
I got my droid2 update yesterday (2.32). My corporate Exchage has a lockout pin requrement of 8 hrs or 480 minutes. I removed my Email accont from the device and readded it after the update. In the Location/security Security Lock timer section I see options of When display is off up to 20 minutes. There is an entry under the 20 minutes that says 480 minutes which I believe is coming from my exchange server. If I select it, I get this error:
To protect your data, you administrator configured your phone with a lock timer..You cannot set a lock timer greater than 20 minutes. This is NOT fixed in this 2.32 version. I have read if the Email Admin doens't have a lock timer requirement you can turn this off which wasn't the case in 2.2, but, what about Exchange policy's over 20 minutes. Anyone else have this issue???
Damian

uncle rico

Reaction score
Mine was doing something similar. My Exchange server has a lockout timer set to 60 minutes, but my phone wouldn't let me go over 20.

Mine now lets me set it to 60 minutes after doing the following:
I did a factory reset on the phone. I then setup my connection to my corporate Exchange server BEFORE setting up the connection to my Gmail account or reinstalling anything. I read on some forum that this was how Droid X users were getting around some of the issues with connecting to Exchange servers. Apparently when you setup the Gmail account it puts some restrictions on the phone that won't work nicely with the Exchange connection. This worked for me. YMMV.