Security Lock Timer (ics)

GarciaFan

Reaction score
Asking for my friend as I have a Bionic. He can't adjust his security lock timer to anything but immediate which is painful. We are both synced to the same exchange server with a 15 min maximum policy and my Bionic works perfectly. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Okay, under settings > Security, check the following settings:

"Automatically lock" Going to assume this was being checked already and this is where you can't set it to anything but "Immediately"
"Power button instantly locks" if that's checked, that'll do it if he has the same OCD I do with hitting that button when I set my phone down.

Other than that, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. If it's possible, see if he can disconnect it from the Exchange Server and then see if he can change the lock time. I'm not sure how these phones act with certain Exchange GPOs, so the phone might be having trouble reading how long it's allowed to stay unlocked and just doing a safety fallback to "0 seconds" or something. At least, that's how I would tell a phone to act with an unknown timeout policy.

If he disconnects from Exchange and can set it to something else, then it's the Exchange GPO and y'all will have to go to your IT folks to sort it out. If it's still stuck there after disconnecting, then I personally got nut'n and will happily defer to someone more experienced in these matters than myself. :(

OP
G

GarciaFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried most of that. It's funny, because the phone even says it requires a timeout of 15min or less due to policy, but the only choice displayed is immediate. I think I'll have him try a factory reset. The GPO on the exchange box is working properly as my bionic is working with a 15 min timeout. Thanks for your help though.