SD card not detected?

conman50

Reaction score
A few minutes ago, I tried turning on my Droid, i pressed the unlock button but nothing happened, so i plug it on and reboot it, now its saying no SD card inserted, i think the card might of died but that would be very weird, and i still have my phone contacts, just no music, it had about half battery, an hour before I tried turning it on so im almost positive the phone did not run out of battery.

On top of that i dont think its detecting any USb plug in, it doesnt give me the option to mount.

Any thoughts?

OP
C

conman50

Reaction score
You mean pull it out? i already tried taking out the battery and re inserting the SD card, so far nothing works.

Oh yea, the little light for charging turns on and i get the symbol that mean charging, but no USB connected pop up

Last edited:

tdawg5480

Reaction score
try a diffrent usb port windows is known to give usb issues you got power just no data signal.

also try a diffrent sdcard if you can.
reinstall usb drivers maybe too

OP
C

conman50

Reaction score
Do you knwo where i can Download the USB drivers?

And heres another update, my dads phone a Droid Eris, also started freezing up a few minutes ago, did Verizon just update the Droids or something? Yea great Christmas present from Verizon :/

He also had the same problem as me, when he turned it back on the battery was dead

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine said that when i first got it. then i discovered if you dont "unmount" yur sdcard in the phone settings BEFORE you pull it out...it will do that. after you put it back in remount it in settings

OP
C

conman50

Reaction score
its not detecting it though? do i need to put it back in while it has power?

Edit: Ok i seemed to fix the SD card problem, kinda.

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
whether it's detecting it or not right now...go to settings and unmount it. turn yur phone off then put it back in and start yur phone. go to settings and mount it. that should work.

OP
C

conman50

Reaction score
Ok all problems seemed to be fixed now, thanks for the help! :)

Merry Christmas!