No SD card detected

Ronalwayne

Reaction score
We turn the phone of every nite and when i turn it on in the morning it says that no sd card is detected:icon_eek:, still have pics and music have taken the card out and reinstalled, took the battery out and put it back in but when i turn it on there's no card detected and the phone seems too work fine just need to know if it could cause future issues. Thanx if someone could help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
We turn the phone of every nite and when i turn it on in the morning it says that no sd card is detected:icon_eek:, still have pics and music have taken the card out and reinstalled, took the battery out and put it back in but when i turn it on there's no card detected and the phone seems too work fine just need to know if it could cause future issues. Thanx if someone could help.

If you have a micro or Sd card adapter, take the card out of the phone and put into your computer. Copy all of the data off of the card then reformat the card. Copy the data back to the card and reinstall into the phone.

Mike

Jokerz

Reaction score
This happened to me twice now and just do a battery pull(Pull the battery out while the phone is still on and leave it out for about a minute then put the battery back in and turn the phone on). It worked for me both times that this happened to me. Let me know how it goes.

OP
R

Ronalwayne

Reaction score
Thanks i'll try the battery pull first since i don't have the adapter for the sd card yet that should be my next purchase i'll let you know in a couple of hours Thanks, Ronnie

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks i'll try the battery pull first since i don't have the adapter for the sd card yet that should be my next purchase i'll let you know in a couple of hours Thanks, Ronnie

Since you don't have an adaptor another option is to go to a VZW store and ask them to reformat. The down side to that option, you loose any data that was on the card. I purchased my micro sd adaptor at a VZW store. It was under $15.00

Mike

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I have this issue too(every thing works fine except the phone might freeze for a moment during startup with a black background) and none of this is working..maybe I should try the pc thing later

Last edited: