SD card issue

heath223

Reaction score
I went to play a video and it came up with an error and wouldn't play. I looked at my SD card in settings and it showed space used and free space. My music would not play either. I tried to unmount and re mount the card but it would not unmount. I turned the phone off then back on and it all worked. What caused this? And why? I also noticed that all my contact specific ringtones were changed to MP3 songs from my SD card that are not even listed as ringtones??

ETA... I just installed a 32GB SD card 24 hrs. ago.

everstar80

Reaction score
A similar thing happened when i got my 32gb card for my droid 2. When i turned my phone on it didnt read the sd card. So i turned it off then on again and made sure that i could mount/unmount my card. It was fine no problems since and i chalked it up to it being that had just installed the card and the phone was getting used it the new card. Maybe you downloaded an app that may have made it react that way. Sounds more like a hiccup of the OS. But make sure that you can still unmount/mount your sd card just to be sure. If it happens again, take it to a Verizon store and speak with the head tech rep. It Hope that helps.

Diablodude98

Reaction score
Hi:
NOOB here.

I have a 32 Gig SDHC card coming.
Anything special on how to install it or get my apps reinstalled?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.