"move to SD" is unavailable?

born2golf

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to help a friend, who is using a verizon LG Ally. He was complaining about running out of space after installing a bunch of apps. I offered to help and showed him how to access the application settings menu. However, once here I saw there was no "move to SD" option on ANY application. The option was not simply grayed out, as with many applications. Instead it was NOT there. I confirmed he has a 4GB SD card, and that it was mounted, because it let me unmount the card using the GUI. When I re-seated the card, it appeared as mounted again. If I remember correctly I think it was showing 3.7GB of the 4GB as free.

Any thoughts?

bigb23

Reaction score
What apps are you trying to move to sd card? Cause not all apps are capable of doing that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well 2.1 is froyo, but its a 2.2 market feature. There are rumors it will come to the ally, I don't know why it wouldn't. The ally seems a very capable phone. Its up to LG and VZW in the end though.

Sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's what I thought. :)

Thanks, guys!

I don't know if FroYo is slated for the Ally. It'd run on it, and run fine, but I don't know if LG is going to bother developing it. The Ally has a bad reputation and LG is probably looking to bury it with another phone rather than updating it. If you can ROM the Ally I'd suggest seeing if anyone has a 2.2 ROM. Then your friend can see if rooting and ROMing is for him. :)