SD card - any impact on performance?

polonium101

Reaction score
I've used SD cards in all of my Android devices except my last phone - a Galaxy Nexus, which can't take one. I've had my Razr Maxx HD for a few weeks now and haven't put one in yet. No particular reason to think it might, but can an SD card have any negative impact on phone performance, battery life, etc.?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Nope. The SD should not affect phone performance at all. I'd go with a 32 gig class 4 card, as it seems to work the best with this phone. The class 10 or the 64 gig cards have cause many people problems.

OP
P

polonium101

Reaction score
Nope. The SD should not affect phone performance at all. I'd go with a 32 gig class 4 card, as it seems to work the best with this phone. The class 10 or the 64 gig cards have cause many people problems.

Thanks for the insight.

farrinux

Reaction score

Wished I had seen this about 3 weeks ago. Officemax had 32 gb class 1 cards on sale for $20 and I picked one up. I had did some looking and thought class 1 was the way to go. But after seeing this and having a couple glitches with the card, I may now have an answer. Thanks GoCliffGo5.