My Droid Razr Mass HD zapped my external SD card

twwitt

Reaction score
I just had my Droid Razr Maxx HD zap my 16 GB SD card. There is nothing on it. Does anyone know how thid could happen and has anyone else had this happen. I just got my Razr last Friday and I have not had a chance to backup my SD card. Shame on me, I should know better.

A very unhappy Droid Razr owner

:angry:

R

RETG

How do you know the razr "zapped" the card? Could it be a faulty card?

OP
T

twwitt

Reaction score
Zapped Card

How do you know the razr "zapped" the card? Could it be a faulty card?

It could be a bad card, but I have used it for almost a year in my Droid Razr Maxx with no problem. Only in my new phone for almost a week. I replaced the card and recovered my files best I can and all is OK now. Just wondered if anyone else ever had this happen. I am going to trash the zapped card and move on and hope it does not happen again.

Thank you for your reply

snowman

Reaction score
I recommend staying away from Sandisk..........
I like Transend or Samsung------32gig about 25.00 on e-bay I just bought a few....get the faster write calss 10 ones

also did you clean the contacts with 90% alcohol maybe a fingerprint on the contacts

OP
T

twwitt

Reaction score
Zaped SD card

Not a sandisk card and all contacts are clean. Thank you for all of your help. Must have been a bad SD card. My desk top cannot recognize and not possible to format the card. card is dead.