SD Card no longer being seen

gabrown2

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have had my MAXX HD since Thanksgiving and added, after confirming with SanDisk that it would be compatible with the Maxx, a new San Disk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1. It seemed to work fine after install but then i noticed it was only available sometimes, an now not at all. I was able to see it for a while from within the Maxx and would see it when connecting the Maxx to my PC to transfer my pics/music from the old SD card i had with the old phone. Now, when I go to settings/storage it shows under SD Card, Mount SD card. I have shut the phone down and powered up several time and no SD card. I have removed it and re-installed it and no SD Card. I also have noticed that directly under the SD Card info under Storage, I have all these listings that start as Mount SD card and then have separate listings for USB DISK/STORAGE/USBDISK_1.1.1 and then the same but with 1.2 then 1.3 and so on up through 1.7 and then the last item under /STORAGE is Mount USB Disk, Insert an USB Disk for mounting.

Has anyone else had this issue? What are all these USB Disk entries for? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help/suggestions/comments.

GAB2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Its a class 10 card, the HD series does not play nice with them. I'd recommend getting a class 4, no issues here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
G

gabrown2

Reaction score
Its a class 10 card, the HD series does not play nice with them. I'd recommend getting a class 4, no issues here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Rats. Had high hopes on this new card as it was to be the latest/greatest in read/write speeds. Considering this is the only device I have with Micro SD the card will have to sell or sit in a drawer. Bummer.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
If you don't mind the hassle of a return, call Verizon for a warranty claim. I did, they shipped me a new phone. The more money out of their pocket, the more pressure they'll put on Motorola for a solution to the problem. There is NO REASON a phone of this caliber shouldn't handle a class 10 SD card.

Also... my SD card was unreadable in any device after my HD messed it up. It wasn't just a read-error specific to the HD. It destroyed the card.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
I just had the same problem last night. I just restarted the phone and now it recognizes it fine.