Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

TheGr838

Reaction score
I have been running this for the past couple of days on my Thunderbolt. I still have a few more small tweaks to do to it, but for the most part I am really enjoying the look and feel of Honeycomb on my phone. Enjoy!

View attachment 32872

Root and S-Off
Das Bamf 1.6.3
ADW EX
bits and pieces of different themes spliced together
Quite a bit of honeycomb

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Details here.

OdJ0X.png

mikespe

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have a tutorial or tips on making sliders/docks for widgetlocker? I have photoshop...I'm just looking for image size/resolution, type (jpg, png etc) and any other tips I could use?

also, I noticed some of you are embedding your icons right into your wallpaper...first, how do you make them "active" so you can click on them and what are the advantages to doing it this way.

FYI...I have Widgetlocker & AWD Launcher EX installed...

Thanks!

alonsou

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have a tutorial or tips on making sliders/docks for widgetlocker? I have photoshop...I'm just looking for image size/resolution, type (jpg, png etc) and any other tips I could use?

also, I noticed some of you are embedding your icons right into your wallpaper...first, how do you make them "active" so you can click on them and what are the advantages to doing it this way.

Thanks!

Ok so if you want to learn how to make your own widgetlocker themes there's only one place I can suggest you ... here really this is the best you would be able to find.

Now to make your embedded icons "live" you need Desktop visualizer and a transparent icon (see attached {actually it would be hard to see since its transparent but its there, save it and use it})
You can set DV (desktop visualizer) as a 1x1 or 2x2 depends how big your icons are, then for the "icon", select the transparent image, on "launch" select "launch application" then the required application, you can select a label color, (I always remove the label from my icons) and a touch effect which I always select "none" press ok to save it and you are done, you embedded icon should be "live" and ready to use.

Good luck!

mikespe

Reaction score

Thanks!

Ok so if you want to learn how to make your own widgetlocker themes there's only one place I can suggest you ... here really this is the best you would be able to find.

Now to make your embedded icons "live" you need Desktop visualizer and a transparent icon (see attached {actually it would be hard to see since its transparent but its there, save it and use it})
You can set DV (desktop visualizer) as a 1x1 or 2x2 depends how big your icons are, then for the "icon", select the transparent image, on "launch" select "launch application" then the required application, you can select a label color, (I always remove the label from my icons) and a touch effect which I always select "none" press ok to save it and you are done, you embedded icon should be "live" and ready to use.

Good luck!

AWESOME! Thanks for the transparent icon too! To be honest I felt weird saving an invisible icon! :icon_eek: I'll check out the link too! Thanks again!!!

mikespe

Reaction score
Actually one more question about the icons on the background....how do you know where to place the icons on the wallpaper? I know the icon spacing on the phone itself is set to a certain distance (I have mine set to 5 columns 4 rows I believe). Or does Desktop Visualizer take care of that? Thanks again!

alonsou

Reaction score
Actually one more question about the icons on the background....how do you know where to place the icons on the wallpaper? I know the icon spacing on the phone itself is set to a certain distance (I have mine set to 5 columns 4 rows I believe). Or does Desktop Visualizer take care of that? Thanks again!

Well, this is what I do, and many other do as well, since you are using photoshop you will need a template (see the link below) add the template to a new layer, this is a 480 x 800 pixel template you can resize it to fix your needs place it on top of the background layer, but under the icon layers. bring the fill down to about 20~25% and then you'll be able to see exactly where you can localize your icons.
makes sense? let me know if you have more questions. :)

edit: make sure you actually download the image and not just drag and save on your desktop, doing that will give you a different size template.

template.png

Last edited: